OH BOY... First build! (RS)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright well i started setting up all the brackets so i could put the torso together today. Lovely RS provided brackets, screws, washers, and split rivets with some extras. but not enough extra washers to cover the split rivets AND the bracket screws. should i look into getting some washers for my brackets as well? i dont see it as a huge problem.

IMG_20140219_102749_zpsso2kkohz.jpg

Ā 

Well i made some marking center bracket on all my torso pieces. The middle piece i just aligned with the middle v on the chest. The outer pieces of the chest i measured 2 inches and made a mark. I then just transferred over to the ab plate. sorry if the markings are a little light.

IMG_20140219_103755_zpsw6wtejrv.jpg

Ā 

As for the back of the torso i did the same. except the top back piece i measured out one inch instead of two. transferred over. then for the lower but plate and back i measured 2 inches again. i darkened the lines with a drawing app on my phone! =)

IMG_20140219_10444_edit_1392828329158_zp

Ā 

If im doing anything wrong or if i should fix anything please let me know.

Didn't the loops come with your strapping kit?

Ā 

Unfortionatly no. But it does look like they gave me more than enough to cut and sow the loops my self. I'll take a picture of everything that came in the strapping kit when I get home. RS might have forgotten to throw them in. They did forget the drop boxes, belt rivet covers, and ab plate pieces... Also I'm not entirely sure if they throw in mesh for the teeth of the mask and the foam insert. I did not receive those either.

Ā 

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In all honestly I haven't a flipping clue!! :-/ suppose it depends on how much you were given? I'm getting them to email a few pics of how to strap it all in a couple of days Andover got to put in a return edge on the butt/ kidney plates so that's gonna take some time

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by RichTrooper

In all honestly I haven't a flipping clue!! :-/ suppose it depends on how much you were given? I'm

getting them to email a few pics of how to strap it all in a couple of days

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ā 

You should let me know once you do! X) now that I think about it I'm starting to wonder how long a lot of the pieces are supposed to be!

Ā 

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Alright heres my progress, and im quite happy !

Ā 

IMG_20140219_17315_edit_1392852733461_zp

IMG_20140219_17314_edit_1392852712058_zp

Ā 

I noticed that the little dimples RS put in the ab plate are not qual distance apart. I marked out where i thought it should be. Any thoughts before i drill?

Ā 

IMG_20140219_17325_edit_1392852799854_zp

Ā 

Looking into my strapping kit more. I noticed I dont know what alot of the parts are for...... if i could get some help on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Ā 

IMG_20140219_17535_edit_1392854089480_zp

IMG_20140219_17565_edit_1392854225483_zp

Ā 

SORRY for all the photos haha... anyways lets get started.....

Ill just list what i think they are for and you guys can correct me and we can help someone in the future!Ā 

1. The waits strap that connects to your thighs.

2. drop box attachment.

3. ?

4. Ā elastic to hold the shoulder bridge to the back plate.

5. Ā straps with hooks for the shins.

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

9. ?

10. connects to the shoulder bells to keep them in place.

11. i think this long piece is for cutting up the loops and other attachment pieces for the torso.

12. connects the front and back plates together at the shoulders.Ā 

Edited by albisancho

I made my loops that connected the chest to the ab plate a little logner than the rest. That is up to your height; I was a little short and so needed the chest to extend longer over the ab plate.

2. can't remember using that (someone please remind me, it's late here can't remember @_@)

3. not sure...looks like more strapping much like 11? can't get a closer look or it could be the strapping for the helmet if there's a snap and popper

6. similar to the small elastics, you loop both those large ones and sew them, then glue them to the inside of the thighs. 1. thigh strap goes through these loops

WP_20130702_007_zps650147f4.jpg

my advice: use stronger glue. my top part keeps coming off although thankfully the bottom half is still holding strong

Ā 

7. used to connect the forearms and the biceps

WP_20130702_006_zpscc3315b4.jpg

WP_20131119_18_18_37_Pro_zps3102ae6b.jpg

WP_20130702_017_zpsa47cf103.jpg

Ā 

8. used inside the shoulder bells. not sure how to explain but here's a pic. the strap is of course glued to the in side of the shoulder bell. That gaffa tape there is just to hold the bicep in place. I have yet to make a plastic hook!

WP_20131203_23_14_05_Pro_zps6fb8e61e.jpg

Ā 

9. one is used to connec the cod piece to the butt plate and the other is glued to the right side (inside) of the kidney plate where it snaps to a popper on the right side of the ab plate

Ā 

Here's the strap from the cod piece that snaps to the popper at the butt plate (look at the right side of the pic). It's held by a split rivet. I used a washer too with that.

WP_20130925_22_51_17_Pro_zpsb541c574.jpg

Ā 

Notice the bottom part of the picture..

WP_20130702_003_zpsd6f83223.jpg

Ā 

Hope this helps :). If you need more pics pm me and I'll send more tomorrow evening. I'm off to bed now..zzzz

Ā 

and keep up the good work too :)

Edited by evan_loh

FISD just got permission to use a new, big pile of reference pictures of the RS suit, which might help you. You can view them here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/59-the-rs-suit/

Heres alittle bit of progress and of course!!! you know me! questions =)

IMG_20140220_11055_edit_1392915961590_zp

Ā 

OHH those split rivets are something else...

Ā 

Now before i glue this piece on the the other side...

Ā 

IMG_20140220_11084_edit_1392916143219_zp

Ā 

do i want any tension on that piece or do i let the belt take care of holding it into place.. The back piece is wider than the bottom torso piece.Ā 

Ā 

IMG_20140220_111311_zpsnt1fqhfd.jpg