OH BOY... First build! (RS)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good buddy. How do they fit? Just snug or loose? When you carry your blaster you'll be flexing your arms and if it's too tight it'll bite into your arm.

Ā 

Also for the cover strips the edges could be sliiightly rounder. But that's just from my perspective so keep it as it is until you really have to

Looks good buddy. How do they fit? Just snug or loose? When you carry your blaster you'll be flexing your arms and if it's too tight it'll bite into your arm.

Ā 

Also for the cover strips the edges could be sliiightly rounder. But that's just from my perspective so keep it as it is until you really have to

Ā 

Thanks man I appreciate it! They fit pretty lose but if I flex it's a comfortable snug fit, as for the cover strips? All the edges are pretty rough right now haha I was too lazy to clean them up before I glued.

Ā 

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Progress is always nice!! i glued the front part of the thighs! ive been feeling a bit ill so i called it a day there. Tomorrow hopefully i feel better so I can tackle the back of the thigh and ammo boxes!

IMG_20140303_200311_zpsi2ztnuw3.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

would anyone like to share some good RS bucket builds?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

As for the shins.. would i want to fit it around my leg wearing the boot? i cant seem to get a nice fit. the picture is just an idea, im wearing the boot when i try to fit it.

Ā 

IMG_20140303_20043_edit_1393898723807_zp

Edited by albisancho

would anyone like to share some good RS bucket builds?

Ā 

This whole thread is a reference to me but you can look at post #87 about the helmet build:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25538-wideamgs-rs-props-pvc-anh-stunt-build/page-5

Ā 

As for the shins.. would i want to fit it around my leg wearing the boot?

Ā 

Of course !

Edited by The5thHorseman

AWESOME boots are in and white polish with other leather things all came in today... but the white shoe polish broke in the bag so they took it back with them and will let me know if i will be getting a refund or replacement later...

IMG_20140304_150450_zpsbjqqxcuq.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I realized the thighs are like very big pope hatsĀ 

IMG_20140304_15310_edit_1393969214376_zp

no offence to anyone!

soo ive hit a wall... im not too sure if this is a big deal or not because Ive seen people with both...Ā 

Ā 

The ammo boxes on the bottom of the right thigh.Ā 

Im not sure if I should align the middle ammo box with the cover strip or leave 3 boxes towards the inner thigh and 2 towards the outer thigh.. Ā and yes i am angry at my self for not aligning the seams better.

Ā 

Ć¢ā‚¬ā€¹Middle ammo boxĀ alignedĀ with cover strip.

IMG_20140304_20540_edit_1393988052934_zp

Ā 

Three ammo boxes toward the inner thigh and 2 to the outer.

IMG_20140304_20544_edit_1393988094933_zp

Edit: Ian, your second pic isn't ANH armor.

Ā 

Don't bother too much aligning the thigh's front cover strip with the middle ammo box, the most important is the rivets placement.

Both rivets go through the upper corner of the knee belt wings to the bottom ridge of the thigh. Then you can glue the front to avoid shifting if you want. Rivets are painted white.

med_ga10.jpgĀ med_gallery_14191_23_53025.jpg

Ā 

And if the ammo knee belt makes a 45ƂĀ° angle with the thigh it doesn't matter, it just happens sometimes. Like the one on the right of the picture below:

med_gallery_14191_23_24619.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

But right now you should correct your trimming on the ammo knee blet. The top should be trimmed right above the boxes, and same thing at the bottom.

med_gallery_12157_59_273.jpgĀ med_gallery_12157_59_55140.jpg

med_gallery_12157_59_38956.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman

those are some fantastic refrences thank you!

I have since trimmed down the ammo pack closer to the boxes. I have alighned them with the back as shown on the photos and here are some pictures.. now should i use regular rivits or split rivets?

Ā 

I aligned it where the red circles are.

IMG_20140305_10474_edit_1394038088562_zp

IMG_20140305_105152_zps9dbi7lej.jpg

Ā 

Here is what it looks like from the front.

IMG_20140305_10512_edit_1394038303148_zp

I really hope to be finished with the complete suit by the end of this week! I need to attach the sniper plate and trim the back of the shins and add strapping....

Ā 

And the little things that i have been neglecting since day one... im to scared to touch them for some reason... I must trim the shoulder bells.. attach all the strapping.. trim and attach the drop boxes. trim and attach the ab plate buttons.Ā 

Ā 

Im not completely sure how to attach the strapping for the thighs to the belt, if anyone could help!

Ā 

does anyone know of templates i can print for the bucket?Ā 

I wouldn't use velcro to hold the sniper knee plate or the ab buttons. To me it sounds like the best way to lose those pieces during a troop... But i'm a little biased as i really don't like velcro !

Ā 

Ā 

Thighs strapping is just glued to the thighs and then looped and sewn at the top. And these loops pass around a belt which you have around the waist.

med_gallery_12157_59_27212.jpg

Ā 

sml_gallery_12157_59_38503.jpgĀ sml_gallery_12157_59_4049.jpg