TM Helmet Build ( ANH )

Cantina Security

Started yet another project. This one kinda got bumped to the front of the line. Just so darn interesting. TM is really some good looking armour, so i figured i would give my hand a try at a lid... :smiley-sw013:

IMAG3105_zpsbdf6198f.jpg

Started trimming the eyes and helmet. I think I will take a bit more out of the eyes.

IMAG3106_zps9ceb1407.jpg

IMAG3109_zpsbebd85a3.jpg

Fitting brow trim. Love the low brow.

IMAG3111_zpscdb742dd.jpg

Getting lined up for rivets.

IMAG3117_zpsa08c5a85.jpg

Fitting the ears. About two hours each... :blink:

IMAG3118_zpsbb1acbaa.jpg

Got one ... :)

IMAG3119_zps2798f3ba.jpg

Not too shabby... :jc_doublethumbup:

IMAG3120_zps94998a44.jpg

This one... meh.... :mellow:

IMAG3123_zpsfde6b572.jpg

:angry:  Gaps make me CRAZY...

IMAG3122_zps30edabaa.jpg

Again This side ok....

IMAG3121_zps3898ef37.jpg

So, Any suggestions? 

One side is definitely better, any tricks to make the right ear tighter. or should I get another set of ears?

Go ahead, Let Me Hold It... I'm All Ears... :laugh1:

Thanks Glen, I was thinking I may need to rework the Right ear, the top lined up ok, but the bottom, I had to flex in to get it to lay flat. I hate forcing stuff. The left ear laid in Nice...

Thanks guys, these photos are kinda on the flattering side. I will get some other angles , but thank you guys, maybe after I sleep on it, I'll feel different in the morning.

I had no clue I would get that far today, I didn't think I would get past the brow trim. The four hours does include setting the cap with rivets.

The eyes I did yesterday afternoon, and sanded this morning.

Like Captsafe said, gaps are screen accurate.  Every single one of my helmets has gaps.  Don't sweat it.

one trick you might try to get rid of the gap is to make the ear screw holes on the helmet larger.

keep the screw holes on the ear the same.

but with larger holes on the helmet you'll be able to move the ear placement lower down.

using washers makes the process easier!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Just so you know, I have a bucket that I got in a trade. Very nice looking helmet bud by Walt, with no gap on the ears. This week-end I took it appart to make the screen used gap loll.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

you added gaps...wow... can you see through the helmet like the originals? I mean really... if you add screen accurate

ear gaps the helmet is see through!

:smiley-sw013:

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

one trick you might try to get rid of the gap is to make the ear screw holes on the helmet larger.

keep the screw holes on the ear the same.

but with larger holes on the helmet you'll be able to move the ear placement lower down.

using washers makes the process easier!

Thanks Vern, I may try that. I have both ears lined up pretty good on the helmet trap line, but I may try and slide one ear down just a touch.

Thanks fellas...

gallery_12157_11_746003.jpg

hero on left stunt on right

narrow face only 3 bumps in the tooth area. not 4 different forming tool. different structure.

gallery_14191_27_22458.jpg

hero faceplate above showing details where no 4th bump is present?

stunt faceplate showing 4th bump and even the infamous 5th tooth

gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg

Wow, cool Vern thanks.... I always thought it was just different manufacturers and the last tooth was not cut out. I alway attributed the different looks, to be different makers,: ATA, AP, TM, RS, etc... Now that I think about it, those Guys weren't around back then, and I guess they had two forms.

Do we know of anyone who casts the Hero Lid?

Edited by Cantina Security

Wow, cool Vern thanks.... I always thought it was just different manufacturers and the last tooth was not cut out. I alway attributed the different looks, to be different makers,: ATA, AP, TM, RS, etc... Now that I think about it, those Guys weren't around back then, and I guess they had two forms.

Do we know of anyone who casts the Hero Lid?

thanks to tom and the FISD it makes it easy for me to say Troopers Helping Troopers!

• 1 month later...

IMAG3426_zpse47676f9.jpg

Got some of the painting finally started. Very nerve racking painting by hand, but also very rewarding. I will get some better photos next time after i paint the tube stripes. 

IMAG3425_zps5af9588b.jpg

IMAG3424_zps092612c9.jpg

IMAG3423_zpsdb157dcf.jpg

:cantinabandf: