Jump to content

Giving a Jedi Robe Kit What It Deserves...Death Trooper!


Recommended Posts

So I've been mentioning I was wanting to turn my JR kit into a DT. Well, I'm one step closer, and have pulled the kit apart. I figured i would layout the kit since it seems alot of people have never seen a JR kit, and you guys could see what this kit is , flaws and all...

 

So Here is the kit in pieces now, about to be buried...

 

IMAG2999_zpsfb857feb.jpg

 

Ab And Cod plate.

 

IMAG3000_zps5bbc8380.jpg

 

Inside of Ab/Cod shows Velcro strapping system, and cheesy buttons.

 

IMAG3001_zpsebe14025.jpg

 

Inside of back and butt piece, showing Velcro strapping.

 

IMAG3002_zps947e42bb.jpg

 

IMAG3003_zps88f68d5a.jpg

 

Forearms showing Velcro strapping.

 

IMAG3004_zps5d15029e.jpg

 

Bicep and Shoulder assembly. with thermal detonator.

 

IMAG3005_zps49e5598d.jpg

 

Glove detail, with crappy drop boxes. will fill these in.

Edited by Cantina Security
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Figured i would post a couple pictures of the kit in action, after all , this will be the last time we see it like this....

 

image_zps194909d3.jpg

 

IMAG2978_zpsab189db1.jpg

 

IMAG2974_zps389fa162.jpg

 

image_zpsc01c2080.jpgIMAG2973_zps1c9eceb1.jpg

 

I must say, I was a bit fond of this suit, as it was my first set of armor. i did enjoy it being on display in my office, and the couple times i wore it. I surly have seen worse, but Not by much...lolz  RIP my JR...

Edited by Cantina Security
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's worse things.  I think you can make a really solid deathtrooper with this should you choose to.  Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's worse things. I think you can make a really solid deathtrooper with this should you choose to. Good luck!

Thanks Toddo, I have a concept coming together.

Edited by Cantina Security
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting all the Velcro of this thing, man it was really on there well. Getting the adhesive off today with some Goo Gone, thanks to Terry "Pandatrooper" , for the guidance on that.

 

I started with a bit of weathering , or should I say ' rotting battle damage ' , out of curiosity , it turned out pretty cool and I must say I am getting excited about the transformation..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow sounds exciting. Cant wait!!!!

 

Btw: in some pictures the helmet doesnt look that bad. Depends on the angle but i thought these Jedi Robe stuff looked much worse! Its gonna be a nice DT! You really put love in your suites, i like that...! :)

Edited by ex507
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, so i trimmed down the bicep and forearm pieces, made them fit better and took of the overlap edge to butt join and install cover strips.

 

IMAG3078_zps5fd5303b.jpg

 

IMAG3080_zpsaf2bbcfb.jpg

 

Also started playing around with the weathering, the rough cast of this recasted armour should give a nice texture to the trooper...

 

image_zpsda04e674.jpg

 

IMAG3079_zps163b418f.jpg

 

I thought this would go a bit faster, but i have a few other projects going on as well as curve balls in life. Nevertheless, this will be fun. No turning around now.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm really struggling with the E6000 , not sure how much to use. It has been squishing out the sides of the covers trips. Being a DT I can clean it up, and it will help add texture. If I was building a nice shiny TK this would be unacceptable. Anyone have any pointers? I have been scoring and peeling off, which works ok, but a lot of extra work.

 

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are putting to much glue.

 

I use a light sand paper to scuff the area that I need to glue, then I put a thin layer of glue in a zig zag motion without going to close to the edge. Clamps, magnets and some dry time.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Eric, I was certain that was too much, I tend to over do a lot of things . Also, we should be gluing one side at a time correct? One side ABS strip on front left calf. Let dry . Then assemble to front right side calf.let dry. Then back side right, with ABS strip. Let dry, then assemble to left side rear. Four step process for each section?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Eric, I was certain that was too much, I tend to over do a lot of things . Also, we should be gluing one side at a time correct? One side ABS strip on front left calf. Let dry . Then assemble to front right side calf.let dry. Then back side right, with ABS strip. Let dry, then assemble to left side rear. Four step process for each section?

 

I, personally prefer that method. I think everything will have time to get a better bond.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That doe seem best, my impatience gets the best of me sometimes, but I will try this approach with the legs. The forearms and bicepskmare complete. Not painted just assembled with butt joints and cover strips.

 

Thanks Eric.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...