TK 8993 Application for ESB Elite Status.[13][FX]

Possibly. I just went through every TK scene in ESB, and there is nothing I can find to show they are there. The best shots of the E-11's and the ones Leia and Chewie have, and neither of those have the greeblies.

It is possible they exist on the Snowy's E-11's, but I did not look at that.

Since my job is to enforce the standards set, we will need to discuss if the standards need to be changed. My feeling is we will need to see some screen caps that show otherwise, but I have seen no evidence they exist on the TK blasters in ESB.

Also, as we go over this, if we only find one in all the examples, that should not mean they are in. What we are trying to do is embody the intent of the troopers in the movie, not the one exception.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly. I just went through every TK scene in ESB, and there is nothing I can find to show they are there. The best shots of the E-11's and the ones Leia and Chewie have, and neither of those have the greeblies.

It is possible they exist on the Snowy's E-11's, but I did not look at that.

Since my job is to enforce the standards set, we will need to discuss if the standards need to be changed. My feeling is we will need to see some screen caps that show otherwise, but I have seen no evidence they exist on the TK blasters in ESB.

Also, as we go over this, if we only find one in all the examples, that should not mean they are in. What we are trying to do is embody the intent of the troopers in the movie, not the one exception.

so, there are no greebles now? :)

so, there are no greebles now? :)

Gremblies yes: The gremblies resembled arrow tips. No HENGSTLER Counter though.

035gn1.jpg

Scene from the Carbonite Freezing Chamber. Beautiful photo no?

T :salute:

ePS: Slave1pilot or Slavefive sent me a great Sci-fire hyperfirm E-11 blaster that resembles the one pictured. Notice the barrel with the "stud" instead of the bottom T-track - I just didn't have the heart to remove the counter. However, I was informed last year that did would build one for me sans the counter. Now, if I could only locate those blasted gremblies...ESB, ESB, ESB.

but that's just it. I don't see any arrow tip greeblies on that pic either. Am I missing something?

On July 13, 2007, TM posted a reply to my request for ESB Blaster Specifications. Here's the link that he provided:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=1653

According to the information on the RPF post, the featured blaster was used in ESB.

Personally, if I can get away with a stripped down Sci-fire hyperfirm E-11 blaster to gain my ESB Elite Status, (and my Scott M. decals) that certainly would save me a lot of grief...and I would most certainly order a blaster from Sci-fire tomorrow if the FISD Powers sez it was kool.

T :salute:

I knew that was a pic of John's original blaster that I had :D, so...there you go folks, the pic I posted is in fact of an ESB blaster greebles and all :D

Ok, more fuel to the discuession. I've got several snowtrooper reference shots that do not show the greeblies on either side just like the stormtrooper E-11s I posted on page 2. I have no idea where Pugman's blaster came from but in my opinion it was not a screen used blaster.

I personally don't care either way about the greebles being required for the ESB blaster, and with the evidence presented, looks like it doesn't need to be a requirement...there just can not be a counter of any sort on the ESB and or ROTJ blasters period!

If you are going ESB, I think you are fine!!! The "counter" on the Hasbro is barely a counter, so I would not count that.

I am off to go get some elastic for my new TK, so I expect to see your Elite submission by the time I get back.

As for the greeblies, we are still trying to get that hammered out, so stay tuned!!!

So where does this leave me, do i apply again or start a new thread?

I would love a hyperfirm or sci-fire or whatever blaster but i dont think i will be able to import said piece of fun....

No need to start a new thread. What you have submitted is 100% all we need. I think we just need to get a decision on the standards page. If the greeblies are needed, you are all set, if not, I think you can pop them off and be set. If it becomes an option, you are set.

The command staff is currently reviewing all three sets of standards for the Elite Section. I have cleaned up the language to try and make it easier for someone to follow. As per the standards today, you are golden. I just want to make sure as our first ESB Elite, we get it right for all troopers to follow in your footsteps.

No need to start a new thread. What you have submitted is 100% all we need. I think we just need to get a decision on the standards page. If the greeblies are needed, you are all set, if not, I think you can pop them off and be set. If it becomes an option, you are set.

The command staff is currently reviewing all three sets of standards for the Elite Section. I have cleaned up the language to try and make it easier for someone to follow. As per the standards today, you are golden. I just want to make sure as our first ESB Elite, we get it right for all troopers to follow in your footsteps.

Ok so i saw the updated standards and have removed the 3 greeblies from the left side and have added the 3 studs to the right side so am bumping this thread up.

TK 8993 applying for esb elite status, again :)

It seems the blaster so far is the biggest barrier for many folks. We believe with the refined standards in place with screen caps to back them up, it will be easier down the line.

Our apologies to Mark - he's the first ESB applicant and so it helping us shake out the bugs.

I think that there's some confusion here over 'Hero' blasters with basic greeblies vs. 'Stunt' blasters with *additional* greeblies, and IMO both should be acceptable for ESB Elite standards

For ANH and ESB Lucasfilm owned NONE of the firing 'Hero' blasters... ie. the Sterlings which which were required to 'fire' on screen, producing muzzle-flash (and from which they would optically composite a red laser beam, in post production).

Bapty's (the armourers for both movies), allowed LFL to add minor greeblies (T-Track, scopes, cut-down magazines) which would make the weapon look futuristic... whilst still being able to shoot blank-firing rounds. But after filing had wrapped, these 'Hero' E-11 blasters could easily be stripped back down to a base Sterling Sub Machine Gun, for use in later movies (including some of the Bond movies IIFC)

Now check out the escape from Cloud City scenes in TESB and you'll see some pretty spectacular Stormtrooper deaths where the blasters are thrown into the air... it seems unlikely that these were Hero blasters which belonged to Bapty's... more likely they were resin-cast 'Stunt' blasters which LFL had made themselves, and could use in stunt scenes.

That's why the 'Hero' blasters which Lando and Leia use near the end of the movie didn't have these additional greeblies - they were basically ANH-spec without the Hengstler and cylinders/wires.

I have no idea where Pugman's blaster came from but in my opinion it was not a screen used blaster.

Whether the blaster I have in my collection is one of these 'Stunt' blasters and saw any screen-time is something we'll never know. But it sure was beat to hell when I receeived it with a couple of pieces chipped-off, which *may* be due to several drops onto Cloud City's hard floors at Elstree ;)

Here's a couple more pics of this style of resin blaster, used in various promotional scenes at the time of ESB (and yes, I *do* realise that a Luke in Hoth Gear costume doesn't meet Elite ESB Stormtrooper criteriea :lol: but it's a cool image I though you'd like to see anyways):

ESB_Stunt.jpg

(taken from the same photo-shoot as the image posted on the first page. Thanks to Anthony HDPE for the image :))

ESB_Stunt_2.jpg

ESB_Stunt_3.jpg

Luke turned briefly to the dark side, when he realised the E-11 was superior to the DH-17 :P

So that's my 2 cents... getting back ON-TOPIC, that's a fantastic ESB Stormtrooper that you have there Mark - congrats on getting the first Elite Status TESB Stormtrooper :duim:

Cheers,

John

trooperglovesATyahooDOTcom

What I meant was I can't find any on screen blasters with greeblies. The only ones that have the greeblies are in the promotional pictures like the ones above and one additional one that I posted in the staff section.

I've never seen snowtrooper photo that shows the left side. Thanks for the picture, I was actually going to PM you later about having a picture with those details.

OK, Mark, sorry for the delay.

Elite Status granted, with one request.

At some point, we would like to move from the modded Hasbro for ESB and ROTJ Elite status (due to the existing counter). The standards due state a modded Hasbro is allowed, so you are good to go per the standards.

My request is you let us know if a Hasbro can be modded to remove the "counter". If not, the modded Hasbro will be removed from the standards page (your status, however, will not be in jeopardy).

Congrats on becoming the first ESB Elite trooper.

Well done!!!

I will ask the admins to update your profile, and I will work on pics for the Elite page this weekend.

There will be a new pinned thread with what your next steps are for acquiring your Elite decals.

Hey guys im very proud to be the first ESB elite trooper and would not have been able to do this without the help from everyone here at the fisd :D

To celebrate im going to take a dremel to my hasbro and see what happens when the counter comes off :o

Thanks guys you rock :dance: