Today's Air Force

Daetrin

One thing though guys that's a bunch of guardsmen (note the statue) and us active duty hae been passing that one around laughing about the whole Total Force concept...hell the regs now say I can't even drink a coke and walk at the same time while in uniform.

post-2-1200115724_thumb.jpg

'Nuff said.

That's why (reference the colonel) officers are called "Ohs" or "Zeroes"...O-1, O-2, vs E-7s, E-8s, and E-9s.

However, the senior NCO, a chief master sergeant, (appears to be a First Sergeant) should've provided a stronger "presence".

T :salute:

Master Sergeant

USAF (Ret)

TD2802 said:
Some other armed forces around the world for comparison:

----------------

Whoa! At least women outside the US are allowed to look like women. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

That's why (reference the colonel) officers are called "Ohs" or "Zeroes"...O-1, O-2, vs E-7s, E-8s, and E-9s.

However, the senior NCO, a chief master sergeant, (appears to be a First Sergeant) should've provided a stronger "presence".

Master Sergeant

USAF (Ret)

Hey! I resent that comment <_< Officers are the "rank" that enlisted men strive to attain :vader1: that’s why enlisted men only have a "Rate" & not a "Rank" B):P

Hey! I resent that comment <_< Officers are the "rank" that enlisted men strive to attain :vader1: that’s why enlisted men only have a "Rate" & not a "Rank" B):P

Being an O or zero as so affectionally put...a good Senior NCO always has his O's back unless the person is a complete dumba** The enlisted force truly is the backbone that makes the AF run. The only reason I look good is the good people who work for me. Thus ,y job is to give them top cover and always ensure they are taken care of. Managers are bosses, leaders are servants and stewards!

My apologies.

Did not intend to offend...I had the honor and opportunity to work with several fine officers in my twenty years of active military service - however, there's always the other end of the spectrum.

To be fair, I've had my unfortunate share of run-ins with unqualified enlisted members and "ROAD" NCOs too.

ePS: "ROAD = retired on active duty."

My apologies.

Did not intend to offend...I had the honor and opportunity to work with several fine officers in my twenty years of active military service - however, there's always the other end of the spectrum.

To be fair, I've had my unfortunate share of run-ins with unqualified enlisted members and "ROAD" NCOs too.

ePS: "ROAD = retired on active duty."

no offense was taken Tony, :salute::trooper: I was just giving you a hard time :D:P and yes, there are those people who are complete idiots and leave you wondering how they got where they did, and there are those people of greatness whom you wonder “why aren’t they in a higher position” because of their intelligence , and unfortunately as you know, most positions being filled never seem to delineate between the two :unsure: Troop on Brother! :lol:

How to tell if you have a good officer:

You cover his a very impolite person when he's in a jam in front of his superiors and make him look good.

3 months later he sweeps your drunken bar fight on foreign soil charges under the rug.

How to tell if you have a bad officer:

Do the aforementioned grunt miracle.

3 months later when you get charged for dragging a drunk guy thru St Marcs Cathedral Square in Venice Italy in broad daylight, he signs your incident papers and says I hope the Captain goes easy on you.

I once "dirty _____" an officers coffee cup. He was a real piece of work and deserved it. Dont regret that one at all.

I did 6 years of consecutive sea duty...I got the salt where it counts!