NE armor build thread

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome! nice detail. I think you're the 2nd person to finish a NE build behind obwan. You'll need some left and right, arms up and down photos and your back w/ T.D. too but I dont see you having a problem getting approved. Nice work.

I just realized you're already a trooper so you know what you're doing ha. Sorry

Edited by silentsamurai

Which forearm is the left and which is the right? I'm building mine and thought the shorter straight one was right- but ive seen threads with both ways?

It actually goes off the number of ribbed indents. the one with 11 is right, and the one with 12 is left from what i remember.

then again, some kits don't even count those. So i guess it doesn't matter.

PER CRL- 06. Forearms: Forearms are fully closed.

That's it. Doesn't say what side goes on where ha.

Edited by silentsamurai

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question--I'm brand new to this and looking at ordering the Trooper Gear armor, primarily because I'm 6'4, 220LBs. Two questions:

1. Will this armor work for my height and size?

2. Can I do this? The company mentioned there are no instructions included with the kit and that horrifies me since I've never done this before and don't want to screw it up. Thoughts?

Thanks and what an amazing finished product!

Quick question--I'm brand new to this and looking at ordering the Trooper Gear armor, primarily because I'm 6'4, 220LBs. Two questions:

2. Can I do this? The company mentioned there are no instructions included with the kit and that horrifies me since I've never done this before and don't want to screw it up. Thoughts?

This armor is geared more towards a bigger person. I got my armor from trooper gear. All of the armor parts have a good amount of extra ABS for the bigger body. I'm approx 210 Ibs and have some chunk in the middle and the armor worked out great. You are about 5 inches taller than me. I'm thinking you should be fine with this armor...

Anybody can do this if they take their time and read through this forum for help, instruction, and advise......

I just helped build an NE kit for a trooper who is 6'5" barefoot. It will work for your. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have assembled my shins and now looking to attach the sniper plate. How did you determine what shin was left vs right?  I dont see any way of determination. I have read that one is more curvy than the other but I just dont see a difference. thanks!

I have assembled my shins and now looking to attach the sniper plate. How did you determine what shin was left vs right?  I dont see any way of determination. I have read that one is more curvy than the other but I just dont see a difference. thanks!

Ok. I'm on vacation so I'm unable to come back with quick responses...just getting to this now. 

Flip back to page 4 on this thread and you can see my shin section. Have you assembled your shins completely?? Because you wouldn't be able to add the back coverstrip unless you knew which shin was left or which was right. The inside of the shins are more curved than the outside. The back cover strip should be attached/glue to the outside of each shin.....so the inside of the shin completes the closure by fitting under that cover strip when fastened/velcroed/hooked.......

post a photo of your shins if you want so I can see

• 1 month later...

Awesome Dave. I answered your pms......I will be back from vacation Tuesday.....feel free to hit me up with any more questions and I can get back to you when I get back if I don't respond right away!

Edited by Redforce

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No helmet build photos. I haven't built the NE helmet yet. Any photos you see with my NE armor.... in wearing my TM helmet

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2