NE armor build thread

Don't leave too much of an overhang as it will catch on other pieces :D, keep up the good work you will be kitted up in no time

Don't leave too much of an overhang as it will catch on other pieces :D, keep up the good work you will be kitted up in no time

Yeah, I didn't plan on leaving much. Thank you! I'm trying :Stormtrooper_walk_south:

Quick question: how tough is it to slide your hand into and through the opening with both seams sealed shut?

I can get it through. I have to squeeze my thumb inside my hand to do it. It's really tight.

The forearms look great, I can't wait to see the helmet finished :)

Thanks! I am assembling all of my armor but, my CO is going to assemble the helmet. It's enough that the armor will take me forever to do...

Looks good. The cover strips should have the end corners cut with a slight chamfer.

Other than that, keep it up :)

Ok. Moving onto shins. Question. Which is the inner/outer? There is a really thick/wide one and a thinner one. Also...which is the standard cover strip width (IN INCHES) for these?

20130327_205503_zps3aa1d092.jpg20130327_205448_zpscf93923e.jpg20130329_110740_zps323df27f.jpg

Edited by Redforce

The inner shins have a more curved shape. When you trim the front for the coverstips and hold the pieces together you will see it more easily. Your last pic looks like the right leg shin parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this thread has gotten me all the more excited for my NE armor, arriving in a couple of weeks (hopefully)! Please continue with the updates and photos, it's immensely helpful. 

Edited by GunsDKP

Also...which is the standard cover strip width (IN INCHES) for these?

1 inch = 25.4 mm

1/8th = 25.4/8 = 3.175 mm

20 mm / 3.175 = 6.29/8th of an inch

15 mm / 3.175 = 4.72/8th of an inch

1 inch = 25.4 mm

1/8th = 25.4/8 = 3.175 mm

20 mm / 3.175 = 6.29/8th of an inch

15 mm / 3.175 = 4.72/8th of an inch

Thank you. I goggled the conversion after I posted any ways...   :)

Edited by Redforce