NE armor build thread

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like its coming along great. With the forearms I also took off the return edge for the "tracks", was that supposed to be taken off or do we need to put that back? Dont forget to post lots of pics of your bucket. Keep it up!

What r the dimensions for the plastic snap plates ur using for the shoulder straps? Encrypted transmission from SSD Executor sent via Imperial HoloNet

I'm using snaps in webbing instead of plastic snap plates. I believe they are about 2 inch by 1 1/4 inch

Looks like its coming along great. With the forearms I also took off the return edge for the "tracks", was that supposed to be taken off or do we need to put that back? Dont forget to post lots of pics of your bucket. Keep it up!

thanks......as far as return return edge on forearms...I'm not putting mine back....I wouldn't even know how to put it back...I believe you are not supposed to have a return edge on the forearms if you are going screen accurate

I thought you had finished and for some reason didn't post the end result!

Couple questions: what's your method for removing the return edge (e.g. on calves/forearms)? I keep varying mine with mixed results. 

For the back piece, are you keeping it as is (with some "edge" on the lower sides) or trimming any of it?

I just score the inside corner where the return edge starts. After I do that I score the return edge in a couple of spots....then the return should just break off with a little bend....check out the trooperbay videos on youtube.....

I'm keeping the back as is

How is the length on the forearms for you? I just put one together today and it seems like its way too long on me.

There should be no return edge at the wrist on the forearms anyway, so just cut the excess off at the wrist to improve the length Edited by gazmosis