NE armor build thread

Ok whew! I had to cut about a inch and half off I think. Basically I put them on my arms and bent my elbow and then marked where my wrist was. It's nerve racking to cut the length.

Truth. I have to do that soon, and I am kinda dreading it. Do you cut on a forearm box line? Or does it matter as long as it fits properly?

Ok whew! I had to cut about a inch and half off I think. Basically I put them on my arms and bent my elbow and then marked where my wrist was. It's nerve racking to cut the length.

Truth. I have to do that soon, and I am kinda dreading it. Do you cut on a forearm box line? Or does it matter as long as it fits properly?

I followed the line of the original edge and just removed the amount needed for my arm when it is bent.

Sorry dont mean to hijack this thread.

more progress....later photos are just showing the rivet cover positions on the ammo belt...before it gets riveted to the canvas belt

20130518_114155_zps32f2c960.jpg20130518_115635_zpsbd95b19c.jpg20130518_115652_zpsc6923ee1.jpg20130518_115657_zpse9d4932a.jpg

Edited by Redforce

No thighs yet. The thighs are way too big. I wanted to get everything north of the thigh situated before I start doing whatever I have to do to make the thighs right....

When you assemble your belt, position the rivet covers end to end with the main belt part. And trim your belt to have little to no excess above or below the boxes.

I thought the same thing, then I put it together. I had to trim a lot ariund the neck just to squeeze it on with the rubber seal on. Does that rubber seal seem really thick? Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I had to trim quite a bit around the neck in order to get my melon in. I might trim some more to make room for the seal.

How much should be removed ftom the top shin return edge? I've heard there should be some left. Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I had to trim most of mine so that it would bend properly.

Does the helmet seem really huge to you? Mine seems really wide. I haven't put it together yet other than just holding /taping it.

My CO will be building my helmet......It's been shipped to him. I didn't even try to eye it up

When you assemble your belt, position the rivet covers end to end with the main belt part. And trim your belt to have little to no excess above or below the boxes.

Ok. so the rivet covers should be at the very ends of the belt?

And.....trim off that ..what looks to be 1/4 inch that is above and below the ammo boxes...in other words I'm trimming the long ends of the belt down? correct? Then I will have to re-cut my corner angles on all four corners? None of that is a problem...I just want to make sure I understand correct...

Edited by Redforce

Ok. so the rivet covers should be at the very ends of the belt?

And.....trim off that ..what looks to be 1/4 inch that is above and below the ammo boxes...in other words I'm trimming the long ends of the belt down? correct? Then I will have to re-cut my corner angles on all four corners? None of that is a problem...I just want to make sure I understand correct...

Yup. That sums it up. Try to remove as much as you can of the material on top and below the boxes, redo the belt corners and put the covers at the very end of the belt so they line up end to end.

gallery_12157_15_25917.jpg

gallery_12157_11_551617.jpg

gallery_12157_11_717737.jpg

Yup. That sums it up. Try to remove as much as you can of the material on top and below the boxes, redo the belt corners and put the covers at the very end of the belt so they line up end to end.

gallery_12157_15_25917.jpg

gallery_12157_11_551617.jpg

gallery_12157_11_717737.jpg

Ok. Simple enough. Thanks. I was thinking the belt seemed bigger in areas in comparison to the photos I'm using for reference....and very obvious in the ones you posted... 

I'm using random centurion approved photos

You should only use screen shots and other pictures of original armour. Our gallery ("photo references" in the top bar) exists for a reason. Only then will you not repeat other peoples mistakes. Centurion is good, but not perfect and you can still get approved with lots of flaws. I try to combat that, but there is only so much I can do without upsetting everyone (more than I already have).

Ok. I will check screen shots from now on. I do see the slight differences in the builds....so I understand why you're advising me to use screen shots. I really appreciate the help with this...thanks