ATA TK helmet too small

I recently purchased my TK armor from ATA and am in mid assembly. I've completed the bucket and have found that I seem to have a big melon! With no padding in the "dome" area, my chin only has about a 1/2 inch clearence. If I put any padding on top of my head the area by the vocoder is strangling me! I've seen many tutorials of other bucket builds where people have really padded their insides and I can barely get my head into mine with NO padding. I'm not a big guy at all (5'8- 180) but would like to know if anyone else has had a similar issue and if so, is there another bucket out there that is a tad bigger that will match ATA/ABS armor? Anyone maybe willing to trade new for new? HELP!!!

post-16939-0-39930500-1361806091.jpg

My chin is very close too, I found some 1/4 in. think foam for the top with 4-3/4 in. thick pads in the corners and it fits ok, on my ATA anyway.

Keep in mind that bigger is not the same as taller.

My TM Hero fits me good, but my dad tried it on and the low brow didn't suit him well, as he had a hard time seeing out the eyes due to the height of his head.

My head is 7 5/8 and what I had to do for my ATA to not strangle me is to pivot out the faceplate a little and cut away the underside of the vocoder section a little higher. It's not visible to anyone, and prevents the dreaded Adam's apple choke from happening.

I have only a small piece of padding in the top of my lid, they are a snug fit, have to put it on sideways then turn. Most ATA guys trim a little more off the bottom edge just for a little extra room.

Id try to trim a little bit more around the bottom, assuming you just followed the line cast in. Also its a light helmet so if you just put foam padding in the sides/back/front it should be fine. You really dont NEED padding on top. Also maybe a helmet liner would work the same. Just some thoughts.

I also notice the helmet pictured there has ESB decals and an ANH painted frown..wuz-up-wit-dat!? :P

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Id try to trim a little bit more around the bottom, assuming you just followed the line cast in. Also its a light helmet so if you just put foam padding in the sides/back/front it should be fine. You really dont NEED padding on top. Also maybe a helmet liner would work the same. Just some thoughts.

I also notice the helmet pictured there has ESB decals and an ANH painted frown..wuz-up-wit-dat!? :P

Figures! I got the decals from a fellow member and I didn't even think to check. Thanks for noticing as I'll have to redo them.