2013 MDA Muscle Walk - Los Angeles

LadyInWhite

Yep, it's sunny and warm here compared with the rest of the Northern Hemisphere, but... at 7am there was frost on the grass! What!?

36 Awesome Troopers came out regardless of the cold (yes, we are wusses)... making this the coolest and biggest non-Con I've done since Legoland.

I was POC so I couldn't TK it... just slummed around in my officer uniform bossing people around.

The event organizers were absolutely floored by our presence, and we really made the event memorable and fun for all the walkers and volunteers who also busted their buns to pull this off in the frosty morning. I'm not sure about the total yet but the walk was sure to have raised a goodly amount for Muscular Dystrophy Association!

OK on to the fun stuff.

Full album here. This is a compilation of everyone's photos that I could get. So kudos and credit where due to all of them! :)

This just in! An edited video of the event (its not long, but supercool, thanks MARK E. TK-7238!!!

First and foremost, let me just remind everyone here in the choir that TKs are the Empire's Finest.

6A0A7271_zps907edd46.jpg

Some rebel scum crashed the party...

DSCN0200_zps74aee8d7.jpg

The shinies were occupied protecting Lord Vader, so we sent the big guns after them. They weren't very successful.

6A0A7264_zps65b4873f.jpg

Even our Commander couldn't find that rebel and that Jedi...

6A0A7137_zps1754e8e8.jpg

So Lord Vader dispatched the Bounty Hunter to find the missing vermin.

img_0229_snapseed-imp.jpg

Then we had some real work to do.

6A0A6927_zpsa0eeb80e.jpg

We arrived in time for an epic send-off.

6A0A6961_zps783f9aba.jpg

The Imperial Press wanted to do a little publicity so we posed with our prisoners.

6A0A7196_zpsf9097a90.jpg

The scout-walkers began to return from their manhunt around the park, so we had a little celebration going on.

DSCN0186_zps51c31dd0.jpg

This is for you, little guy!

img_0006_snapseed-imp.jpg

img_0012-imp.jpg

New recruit Bryan F. made someone's day when the boss wasn't looking... captured on a low-quality security camera.

It's over? But where'd I park the Star Destroyer?

6A0A6873_zpsc4ea7e97.jpg

Many thanks to all who attended. I am always enamored with the super shiny awesomeness of the TKs... and these pics only tell a small story - don't miss great pics of more fun stuff including our awesome Darth Maul and about a dozen more sandies, and our Tusken and officers and Pilots and AT-AT drivers, and ... check out the photo album :)

~ Ingrid

Warm, your funny 41 deg c for the last two days and 39 deg c today. Another great report and troop Ingrid, awesome turnout, well done to everyone involved :jc_doublethumbup:

It was truely an awesome troop! It is great people like these that remind me why I got into the 501st! And yes, our Maul is awesome! But then again, so are our Imperial Officers..... They can lead my armored butt into battle anytime! Thanks all :)

Edited by TieRacer

Awesome troop! I can only wish to have had so many troopers come out during out local MDA Walk.. but I was happy with the 5 that did came :D

Troy, you have some great pics there! Congrats on the baby!!

Thanks! I wish I had more time there. I only had about an hour before reporting back for duty with the baby. More like DOODY! Am I right?!?! Ahhhhh lack of sleep I love you so.

Til next time!

Edited by zebrabuse