IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Thank you for your consideration. Here is the link to all of my photos.

http://s203.beta.pho...861491670082052

Edited by Ravenwood

Howdy. Congrats on your 501st acceptance and good for you for submitting for EiB right away. Love to see that! hope you don;t mind, a couple of questions/recommendations to kick the build up a notch. I dunno if any of these things will prevent EiB, I'll leave that to our DO to decide.

I cannot tell if it is just the lighting or what, but your close-up of the AB buttons makes them look all very dark blue/black. I can see on your full body shots you use Grey and the Dark Blue. Also, what is that metal looking piece under the 4 button section?

I am not expert on buckets, but there does seem to be a tad bit of flashing remaining in the eyes, might be worth a little touch up sanding when the time is right, not a biggy, but just something to make the kit a bit better.

The thighs and shins seem a whee bit close, I can imagine there is a lot of bite happening when you walk about, stairs included. perhaps a little tweaking on the strapping and a bit of trim might help. Adding a bit of padding to the outside of the left knee will straighten it out a bit. Also, I believe the cover strip should not extend down over the raised portion of the bottom of the thigh.

The TD clips could move closer to the end caps. I believe the current recommendation is about 1/8"-sh from the cap or so....I believe this is something that will prepare you for Centurion changes that were voted on in the Fall that have not yet made it into formal CRL.

The shoulder bells could come closer to the shoulder straps (shorten the strapping so they almost are touching).

Add a strap to the top of the hand plate (to hold the top down so it does not flare out as much (this will reduce getting it caught on things (or yourself). I used 1" elastic for the top running across the top of my palm. I used a black elastic hair tie a the bottom of the plate that secures around the wrist.

good luck and again, congrats on your 501st acceptance!!

Edited by chookaboom

The minimum that you should do for this EIB application is...

Attend to the AB button colours.

Attend to the AB belt snaps so that your belt hangs correctly.

Reduce the shoulder bell gaps between top of shoulder bells and ribbed shoulder straps.

Thanks everyone :)

The ab buttons are from Vader Dave and are the correct colors ( I added that part to the list at the beginning now) as for the belt there are three snaps, one in the middle and one on either side, I am guessing the one on the holster side either popped or was not fastened correctly during this photo shoot. From reading the criteria for EIB approval I am pretty sure everything is covered, but that is up to the EIB judges to decide. Thanks for everyones in put, I for sure am going to look at opening the gap between the thighs and the shins for ease of mobility I will also look at shorting the straps for the shoulder bells, but it says nothing about that gap in the EIB criteria?

Thanks Mark :)

OK Here is a picture of my plates before installing them. As you can see the correct colors were used. It must of been the lighting used during the photo shoot that washed out the colors in the photos. And as you can see from this thread the midnight blue is the acceptable traditional color for the ab buttons. http://www.whitearmo...eference-guide/

IMAG0343.jpg

Edited by Ravenwood

@spectre

It's not worth making a fuss over a $1 tin of paint really is it???

Application candidates can either choose to make their builds accurate or not.

For a single TK, I suppose it doesn't matter, but when groups of TKs are together, they look awesome when then all look the same, like they are all off a movie set, like the uniform is from an army production line.

The CRL cannot provide every single individual detail.

It is up to the candidate to do some research.

We are here to improve standards, the updated colour chart has been on the front page of FISD for many months.

There are many so called suppliers of belts, holsters, blasters, helmets, armour, tube stripes, decals, frown mesh, eye lenses and buttons that don't supply accurate props.

This is a problem for the buyer, but its not our problem.

We are volunteer police to help guide and separate right from wrong.

If you want to force my hand, then I can state that as it stands the supplier Vader Dave is providing ANH TK AB buttons with the incorrect shade of blue.

Guys, I don't think Phi's point here it to say that its the wrong colour for EiB.

He is recommending a change to your kit that can improve the overall look and accuracy based on what the collective FISD group feels is the more accurate colour choice. Same goes with the recommendations/observations in my initital post.

Our motto....Troopers helping Troopers, right? We want you (everyone) to look great, so we are providing some tips to do so. Please do not take this as a personal attack on you or your build. I'll be the first to admit my build was not perfect, but I took the recommendations from the group and did little tweaks to improve the look of the kit. Some recommendations I did not do (or do yet) as I was happy with the fit or look of the specific items. In the end, it will come down to you to accept or decline the feedback.

Midnight blue is the wrong blue to use these days.

You have been following a 2009 guide which has long been updated and is on the main FISD front page under tutorials.

French blue is a lighter blue, which is the one to use.

Phil

The one shown is STILL correct mate, (as it was back in 2009 ;) )

The advised colour for Ab butoons is No;-14 'French Blue' B)

With all due respect to the opinions on which blue is the correct blue. Correct me if I am wrong here, but speaking from a strictly CRL point of view the shade of blue is not defined by the CRL in any way, but mearly as "3 blue + 6 gray" now from an accuracy standpoint I can respect that french blue is the prefered color, but not a requirement for EIB. much as the side rivets are accurate but are not in the CRL for EIB. nor are the colors specified in the CRL for Centuion, but side rivets are. not to belittle EIB but it is not centurion, so how can we condem his use of a darker shade of blue if it is not specifically stated that french blue must be used? we must try to remember that EIB is the next step from basic approval where as Centurion is the final step. again I am not trying to split hairs here nor cause an argument but mearly trying to understand how we base certifications, by opinion or by the voted on and approved CRL? this is all said with genuine respect even if it may not read that way. I would just like clarification so as not to repeat mistakes, I have the same button set from vaderdave, and need to find some french blue,

thank you

Sam

You are right mate, there are many, many details that are not specified in the CRL's for EIB or Centurion but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be included when people are building their armour. Research in to the costume (what ever that is) should ALWAYS be paramount and the 'Golden Source' in respect to that costume should always be the originals (regardless of peoples interpretations of it)

:)

Phil

The one shown is STILL correct mate, (as it was back in 2009 ;) )

The advised colour for Ab butoons is No;-14 'French Blue' B)

Sam

You are right mate, there are many, many details that are not specified in the CRL's for EIB or Centurion but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be included when people are building their armour. Research in to the costume (what ever that is) should ALWAYS be paramount and the 'Golden Source' in respect to that costume should always be the originals (regardless of peoples interpretations of it)

:)

I agree 100% to this.

While we allow for some amount of interpretation of the EIB standards when reviewing someone's application, the exact shade of ab button blue and gray is not specified in the CRL. Midnight vice French blue should not hold up acceptance. However as subjective as it seems we are looking at an EIB's fit. Minor tweaks to how armor hangs off an applicant are always subject to review.

Of course I do think the right shades of paint should be used. There's little excuse not to do so given the availability of the proper paint.

-Eric

OK I am painting the blue buttons with the correct blue I will take another picture of them installed when they are dry. I also shortened the straps on the bells to bring in the bells closer to the shoulder straps. The straps are elastic so should pull in nicely.

2013-02-10111304.jpg

2013-02-10113107.jpg

UPDATE:-

Paint dry and have reinstalled the buttons.

2013-02-10191355.jpg

Edited by Ravenwood

Since you have not updated any pictures of your shortened bell straps it's hard for me to tell if there is any major improvement in that department. But I will assume that there is. I'm happy that you repainted your buttons, but do not understand why you got them in the first place. AP's button plate already have the formed dents that only need to be painted, not replaced by inaccurate buttons.

That is however nitpicking, that does you little good. But hopefully future builders read this and learn from it.

Approved! :duim:

Congrats and welcome to the ranks Jeremy, just a shame little things aren't in the CRL's, hopefully this may be change in the future to stop any misunderstandings. Now isn't there another's thing you need to get approval for, oh and if it gets passed I believe separate AB buttons will not be allowed for Centurion so hurry up lol