Fx helmet

Hey guys newbie from nz here! I picked up a cheap helmet the other day and it looks like an old FX helmet. Its pretty big and the vocoder is a molded black piece of plastic that has been attatched rather than a painted piece of the helmet. Are these any good for 501st? And do any mods need to be made?

Still acceptable for basic approval, although depreciated, and legion CRL states to avoid it. I would check with your garrisons GML, as some garrisons no longer accept them. I for one have stopped accepting them into my garrison. Its fairly easy these days to get a more accurate lid at a reasonable price.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Is the MR the correct size tho coz i know thats not approvable! Whats it like compared to an AP or similar?

No, it's not really accurate either. It's slightly larger than AP, but the size isn't the problem with it, it's the symmetry and he seam across the frown, the ears and other small details that make it look strange..

But the fx is ok for general approval? Its huge makes me look like a bobble head statue lol!

Yes. But..... You'd be starting out in a part of the legion that's on its way out. Not the ideal starting point. The best thing is still to sell it or put it in storage, and get a more accurate helmet.

Yes. But..... You'd be starting out in a part of the legion that's on its way out. Not the ideal starting point. The best thing is still to sell it or put it in storage, and get a more accurate helmet.

Or use it for a death trooper with claw marks, holes and lots of blood :) Or someone can finally actually make a stay puft marshmallow trooper man. Anyone have a sailor hat this guy can borrow?

If the entire staff of FISD and most of the members had our way, the FX and AM helmet would be banned from the basic requirements already.

-Eric

Hi Josh.

A lot of the answers you have recieved here are probably not what you were hoping to hear, but they are sadly pretty much on the money. If you are seriously considering joining the 501st it would probably be best if you started with a better lid.

Perhaps you could stick it on ebay and hope that a non costuming Star wars collector snaps it up, then use the proceeds towards a more accurate lid. A pain in the rear in the short term , but worth it in the long term.

B)

I am using my AM Shadow Trooper helmet for basic going around town or be be dumb with freinds and family. I will also have it on Display too, makes a great talking peice and most people that are not 501 will not notice. But I have not trooped yet, but I can tell already, that this group will give you a hard time with an AM helmet. I avoided this, by just ordering one from a the specops group. The guys name is Akryle and is in Poland, but has had many US customers, including my friend that started me down this path, and his stuff is good to go.