Scopes & Hengstlers a detailed comparison.

TK bondservnt

For my 4000th FISD forum post instead of my opinion, I thought I'd share some real stuff to entertain and enlighten!

fGtD2gD.jpg

here are photos of scopes:

VifM8q1.jpg

in the photos we have m38 scopes and an m40 scope. most people figure that m38's all have a curved front foot.

also most feel that the M40 always has a square front foot.

as you can see there are lot's of interesting variations.

C09CnXs.jpg

GeFUwIT.jpg

rgen3y8.jpg

comparison photo from the RPF http://rpf.exoray.co...pes_compare.jpg

clearly shows that m40 and m38 scopes have the same features depening on the year of manufacture.

scopes_compare.jpg

info on how to remove the base from a real scope, if you get one and it's has a base on it.

first step

K2YYnHK.jpg

second step

Ai9isun.jpg

Hengstler counters:

zrW0D4h.jpg

here's a series of plastic socket versions with different logos:

some have all white numbers in a curved bezel, and some have white/yellow numbers.

IQzHAMp.jpg

0qT01p2.jpg

gUEfrmu.jpg

QfVAL3s.jpg

here's a series of metal socket eagle and H logo variations.

some have curved bezels and others have flat bezel viewports.

FsYFfiq.jpg

GiIbnA5.jpg

MgJjYzx.jpg

soon I'll add posts to this thread showing how to take each of them apart, and how to take the back case off.

Metal Socket Eagle taken apart:

hkbJycl.jpg

aM1yaGk.jpg

pMKMkQZ.jpg

Qobwcd7.jpg

A3c2wcN.jpg

APmFici.jpg

IZOvE4H.jpg

eAGg8KV.jpg

cXqfHIM.jpg

oKkGByw.jpg

descriptions and better photos soon!

Vern here is another slight variant Hengstler 400.

An eagle type where all the plastic components are black, notice the different reset button, it has additional molding round it.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

eventually this will be worked up into a complete tutorial on how to put them on an e-11. spreading the information around is great!

that's why this hobby has become so much fun. the history has gone from only a few knowing accuracy, to an entire legion of

armor and blaster experts by the open source format of sharing information and detail.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Great info, it's amazing after all the years FISD has been around that this info is only just coming to light. Well done Vern and congrats on you're 4000th post

I've worked on power cells, scopes and hengstlers for a few years now. with the team efforts we're learning almost every single aspect of the star wars universe.

thanks and credit goes out to

andy 19422

marv

bluesnaggletooth

playfulwolfcub

sskunky

synaptix

deckard

gino

bilhag

there are a few more to be added to the list above.

I'm working hard to gather all the data together.

members of the RPF, blogs, constant photographic elements and detailed research all works it's way into single threads like this one.

this is not my own personal information, it's a gathering of as much detail into one possible thread, from all relevant sources.

we all owe it to this thread to put the elements in place.

perhaps we could include all the extra parts on an e-11

this information would include:

ANH

T Tracks

Scopes

Counters

blank firing weapons

resin casts

demilled non blank firing

ESB

T Tracks

Scopes

blank firing weapons

Resin cast variations

demilled non blank firing

ROTJ

Mgc versions

resin cast versions

blank firing weapons

have information to share?

STEP UP!

FUbZVOa.jpg

In fact they were not only used in the 40s, they were used over decades, as long as any counting in production systems of each kind was based on tactile logging, until that was replaced by the more evolved counting via light barrier/lasers.

German Eagle + DBP writing is probably made for the letter and parcel counters used by Deutsche Bundes Post, even used in the 80s. But they were used in close to all machines/production lines, to see after a shift/day how many units were produced.

Most were thrown in the garbage when a machine was modernized, and indeed old used ones were deadcheap here in Germany - until some smart guys noticed they can make a nice profit when buying them on Ebay Germany for now around 50-60 (often going for that, sure you still need luck and not to much crazy SW-fans on the same auction), and selling them international for much higher rates.