A Few Measurement Questions

Just wanted to check a few measurements:

1. When you align the drop boxes are they, (1) aligned to the very end of the belt or (2) aligned to the tapered corner before the end of the belt, I have seen both examples used and just want to be correct.

2. Split rivet location from the edge on the sides of the torso, roughly from what I have seen looks like about 10-15mm

3. What gap should there be between the end of belt and the holster, or is it a just place where comfortable

4. Shoulder straps I have found two measurements for attaching, (1) 5 ridges or (2) 4 and 1/2 ridges (not including the first large ridge)

Think that is it for the moment, I am sure there will be more questions soon

Edited by gmrhodes13

What was communicated to me through my build process:

1. I believe the consensus is to have it aligned with the end of the plastic belt.

2. Split rivets on AB/Kidney info is in the CRL "... equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Note: For the original used TK armor, this type of rivets where, bifurcated rivets or split rivet."

3. I think this is a judgement call once everything is fitted to see that it sits on your body in the approx location to the screen shots. That was what was suggested to me during my build.

4. I went with 5, which worked for me. I would wait until you get the torso fitted and strapped and see what works best fit wise, I wish I had waited to the end to attach mine as I had to remove them (causing a crack ) and reset.

What the Canuck said. Especially about waiting until everything is together to attach shoulder bridges.

Someone had a diagram of holster placement measurements somewhere but I can't find it. Maybe it was a bill hag thingy?

-Eric

What was communicated to me through my build process:

1. I believe the consensus is to have it aligned with the end of the plastic belt.

2. Split rivets on AB/Kidney info is in the CRL "... equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Note: For the original used TK armor, this type of rivets where, bifurcated rivets or split rivet."

3. I think this is a judgement call once everything is fitted to see that it sits on your body in the approx location to the screen shots. That was what was suggested to me during my build.

4. I went with 5, which worked for me. I would wait until you get the torso fitted and strapped and see what works best fit wise, I wish I had waited to the end to attach mine as I had to remove them (causing a crack ) and reset.

Yep. Thanks Mike. The distance from plastic belt to first rivet doesnt' work for all body types... but the other measurements stay true.

Sheesh! Someone really needs to do something about how terrible the forum search is. For reals. Just say'n etc...

Oh wait.

Crap.

-Eric

On 12/6/2012 at 11:24 AM, necron999 said:

This pic?!?

--------

the belt distances are cannon, but if you're a larger person than cannon, I'd move the belt so that it hangs just behind your hip, and not directly

on your hip.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thank you everyone, keep thinking of random armor questions while trimming and glueing, must be the fumes. Still remember the quote measure twice cut once, (especially with expensive armor lol)

I'm glad you asked these questions, Glen. :smiley-sw013: I'll need to start the belt soon.

Cool, I may have to put some info together later for newbies, just to make it a little easier for them, FISD is a great resource but sometimes info is hard to search for. I can't believe how much info I have downloaded and still I need to ask questions, don't think I will ever stop learning :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this post! Just used it :) (finally getting hubsters armor moving along...)

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks for this post! Just used it :) (finally getting hubsters armor moving along...)

Jenny... keep an eye on where the holster lands on your husband. Since RT's belt is longer than most you may need to modify the distance between the plastic belt and the first holster tab to get it to sit in the right spot on his body.

-Eric

I just happened to have the pic saved on my pc... Not sure if anybody can find it on the forums anymore.

:D Good to see one of my old 'Billagrams' popping up as a reference, and nice to know that they're still doing what they were intended to.

:salute:

Jenny... keep an eye on where the holster lands on your husband. Since RT's belt is longer than most you may need to modify the distance between the plastic belt and the first holster tab to get it to sit in the right spot on his body.

-Eric

Will do! :) I might be making new snap holes... I sure hope not, but I gotta get it right or he will beat me. Not really, tho!

BILLHAG --- Thanks for the BILLaGRAMS.. they ROCK! :salute:

On 12/6/2012 at 11:24 AM, necron999 said:

This pic?!?

------------

That pic should be stickied somewhere :)

Edited by gmrhodes13