DVH E-11 blaster kit project

So in lue of some recent events, i have decided to look into buying sterling parts and casting them to make pipe build kits similar to Doopy Doos. I have the source for the parts, and the person has them in stock, i just need to grab them

Edited by Darth Voorhees

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok..managed to temp shuffle some cash around to grab the parts now. So...sterling parts ordered!! I will be making kits within a month or so id say. Just need to make all the molds and mods etc.

Andy, It will be a full pipe build kit, like doopy doos, but hopefully better and more complete for an E-11. It will include the rear end cap, front barrel end, folding stock barrel mount,end cap lock, selector switch, rear sight, cocking lever, main grip, ejector guard, trigger, magazine retaining screw, magazine (shortened), magazine receiver body, forward vent guard, bayonet lug, forward sight,ejector port, Non-functional stock, and the Trigger guard. Also included will be the PVC pipe, and a piece of armature wire to recreate the internal spring. I will eventually include the scope and helingster counter as well. Just have to get real ones. Im also going to do the ESB promo parts so you can order either an ESB promo or ANH kit and get everything from one place. I'd like to include a scoperail also, but we'll get to that later. Right now, i just need to get those parts in hand and start making molds!

thanks Tony..me too!

Edited by Darth Voorhees

I have real scopes, and a hengstler.

I also can make moulds.

interested?

I also have plans that fit on electrical conduit from lowes that's 1.5" and almost fits

doopy do's style designs perfectly on the outside.

the inside is just a tad smaller, but all you do is make the bolt smaller.

the best wire for making the spring is standard coax electrical ground wire.

even the regular insulated wire can be used.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Very cool will be watching this thread ----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Thanks Vern..i got the molds covered. Ive made all too many molds for things the past few years lol...I may be interested in a hengstler and a scope though to buy or to borrow for these kits. Pm me details i got $$ standing by!

The armature wire works well to make the spring, and i can get it from work for little or no cost, so thats likely what i'll include.

No worries Jonathan, i saw your PM just didnt have the time at the moment to answer...yea, i ordered the parts and will get the molds done as soon as they arrive.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

I'm happy to see your project taking shape!

I'm telling my garrison tk's and sister about your project as some of them don't have a completely accurate E11 build yet to not waste their time on doopydoo's because something new is coming soon ^^ so there's some expectations building up already :)

Edited by Nicky

Sterling parts are in!

sterlingparts.jpg

100_3990.jpg

Thanksgiving holiday is coming up in a couple of days, so i probably wont get started on this till after thursday. I will clean everything off though...is greasy! lol

Congrats on the Sterling parts. :) Though every time I see a Sterling chopped like that it feels so sad. :(

Thanks! yea, i know what ya mean. I wanted to get the complete display one, but couldnt afford it. I also didnt want to ruin it by having to remove the stock to take a mold from it. I felt this was the better option cost wise, AND for the sake of "whole sterlings" lol

Luckily you just need to get the parts welded to a new pipe to make it whole again. :)

Not in the US - i´ve read that the receiver "pipe" is there a integral part of what determinates a gun. By creating a new accurate metal receiver they can sue you for making a full-auto gun.

Lou, is that one of the apex-kits? I wish i could import one of these cheap cutted sets to build a Rebel Trooper DH-17 - but as the cutting is the US way for the deactivation, and the functional parts are not altered with certificate as we need it here (welded trigger mechanism, milled bolt, drilled and welded barrel, ...... - but with intact receiver tube), i´m not able to get it through the customs. :angry:

Unfortunately due to that my resistance will fade sooner or later .... and then i need to cut a Sterling to make the DH-17. :mellow:

Actually, as long as you do not add a functional barrel, you can weld them all together in MOST US states. Check your local laws. Here in Virginia I can do that without a problem, as long as I make sure it can not function. In NY, especially the five Boroughs, You have Bloomberg and his anti-gun Nazis to worry about...

Its leagal in NY to own the "display" one the company makes, so welding the pieces onto a pipe would be fine. Like Jonathan said, as long as it doesnt have a functional barrel. The display one they make is just the same. The only reason i didnt get it was the $$. the parts were cheaper, and i wanted to get the project rolling sooner rather than later. I may concider welding the pieces onto a tube in the future for a display blaster, but for now, it will remain in pieces, even after i take the molds. Even if i did do that, it would remain in the house, so i doubt anyone would know it was here anyway lol.

Mike it is from IMA-USA.com

You can see the full display sterling and the parts kit on this page:

http://www.ima-usa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sterling

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Mike it is from IMA-USA.com

You can see the full display sterling and the parts kit on this page:

http://www.ima-usa.c...ult/?q=sterling

Thanks for the info, Lou.

I was talking about the stuff from this site, thought you bought it there: https://www.apexgunparts.com/index.php/cPath/83

To bad our custom would seize it. I already see me cutting a deac Sterling for the RFT-Blaster - but such a set would be much better for that purpose.