Spangdahlem Air Base Germany SciFi CON with the German Garrison

Dday

So, my goal was to be ready for November 3rd for my first troop. I got my armor finalized by 2am the night before and was ready to go at 9am for entry to the base with my new pals at the German Garrison.

It was a great troop all around, we had a huge room to get changed in and store all of our gear. There were some pretty amazing costumes all around! Gracing us there were two TK's in TM 1.5mm Armor (ANH and ESB), me being one of them, can you guess which one is me? We had two snowtroopers, a biker scout, several Mandos, two Darth Vaders (one ESB, one with Santa gear!), a Wompa from Hoth, a clone Airborn commander, and.. and.. god so many costumes, I was in geek overload.

On with the Pictures!

IMG_5078.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Thanks, was a great time!

The one thing I realized after hours upon hours with armor on, my back got pretty sore... Odd, considering I really don't have back issues any other time.

I may get one of those wrap around back braces for under the kit, might make things more comfortable for the long haul of a troop.

Looks pretty cool. Congrats on your first troop. I understand the feeling, I had my first troop recently at a Comic and Video Game expo. Have to ask was there someone in the Wompa or was it just a prop?

Wait a minute...dday is Derrek ? OH, now it makes sense, I thought dday refered to the allies landing in normandy. Anyways, fun troop and a very nice convention. The sore back is the price you have to pay for looking awesome, sorry.

Have to ask was there someone in the Wompa or was it just a prop?

Nope, someone's in there, walking on stilts. He can move his arms, even bend his knees to walk through doors. Amazing costume

Yeah wompa was a guy who was seriously hot! They even had a Death Star piñata that they made him stomp all over, sad to see, but the kids loved it!

Hi Patrick! Patrick was the ESB TK in the photos I put up. Yeah, dday does refer to Normandy, but also me, Derrek Day, kinda fits.

I will find a way to look awesome, AND be eliminate back soreness at the same time!