Notification issue...?

TK-42779

Php Mail vs. SMTP maybe...?

Yeah before August I had never used forums so this is my first one and therefore I have no clue what you're talking about. Lol

As I said my gmail was getting every notification across the four forums that I am on and I still get mortification from other forums but all of a sudden not this one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have noticed tapatalk interfering for me. It seems that if tapatalk notices a pm it displays the notification in the client and hides it on the web.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Yeah before August I had never used forums so this is my first one and therefore I have no clue what you're talking about. Lol

As I said my gmail was getting every notification across the four forums that I am on and I still get mortification from other forums but all of a sudden not this one.

Sorry, my comment was meant for Eric. It's a forum setting for messaging.

I haven't had a single notification in 2 days. Maybe that's why there are 5 EIB Applications waiting?

Or they are just busy. Understandable as this isn't anyone's full time job. How cool would that be though?

Edited by Pfneisl

Sorry, my comment was meant for Eric. It's a forum setting for messaging.

Yah. Weird. I had been using smtp but maybe something in the server changed. I'll give php a shot too. Thanks Jim.

I'm back from being off island today and I'll take a look at it. It's clearly broked. What sucks is that the forum gets slower when email doesn't work.

-Eric

Yah. Weird. I had been using smtp but maybe something in the server changed. I'll give php a shot too. Thanks Jim.

I'm back from being off island today and I'll take a look at it. It's clearly broked. What sucks is that the forum gets slower when email doesn't work.

-Eric

Lol @ broked

Yeah it was all very broked up.

Looks like our mail server suddenly wants you to authenticate to it. It's fixed for the moment but I'm not stoked on it.

-Eric

Yeah it was all very broked up.

Looks like our mail server suddenly wants you to authenticate to it. It's fixed for the moment but I'm not stoked on it.

-Eric

Yes. YES! The notifications are flowing into my Gmail once again! You are the man!

-Eric

No worries! I ran into this one with the Spec Ops and BSN sites. The SMTP mail got hosed at the host level. PHP mail always works well so that's the way I roll. I hope it helped. :)

PM notifications are working for me again at present

It's fixed for the moment but I'm not stoked on it.

-Eric

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.