The NEWS id been waiting for RT-MOD!

Very cool, hope the wait isn't too long, good luck with the build ----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

This is the part where I come in and say "RT-MOD: Taking over FISD one giant trooper at a time."

Looking forward to seeing how you go. Is your digital camera charged up and ready?

As always... post here if you need help... or PM/email if you prefer.

Aloha,

-Eric

Thanks guys!

Ordered it late July and he told me I'd be sometime in December but just got the news today. I'm anxious to start! Going to post a lot of photos ;)

Right on, man! I ordered mine at the end of August and he told me beginning of December. We will see! ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

First get accepted by the 501st then I want to go for centurion later on down the road but for now 501st is my main priority. Yours?

I personally can't see any reason not to go Centurion right off the bat. When I ordered my RT I went over then standards with Rob and he said the kit was EIB standards already so really it comes down to a few details to bring it up to Centurion. I figured I bam going to be assembling it already why not add the work to make it level 3?? :D

I personally can't see any reason not to go Centurion right off the bat. When I ordered my RT I went over then standards with Rob and he said the kit was EIB standards already so really it comes down to a few details to bring it up to Centurion. I figured I bam going to be assembling it already why not add the work to make it level 3?? :D

Damn, you got a point lol!. Man you have made me get the hyperfirm blaster (which I am happy about) and now your convincing me to go centurion haha! Gonna jump on that ;). Whenever you finish your build and are here in southern Cali we need to meet up!

This is how I approached my build. My goal was to build with centurion standards from the get go. I was a tad lazy on my resin blaster so it took an extra few weeks after my 501st approval/EiB.

You can do it!

Damn, you got a point lol!. Man you have made me get the hyperfirm blaster (which I am happy about) and now your convincing me to go centurion haha! Gonna jump on that ;). Whenever you finish your build and are here in southern Cali we need to meet up!

Lol You bet, man! :D

Looking forward to seeing your build.

I also agree, its better to shoot for Centurion from the start, that way you don't have to change a bunch of stuff later down the road. :)

Looking forward to seeing your build.

I also agree, its better to shoot for Centurion from the start, that way you don't have to change a bunch of stuff later down the road. :)

Yea will do the more you and everyone else convinces me haha. Ill post pics of my progress ;)

Be careful when you order your RT. Not sure when but cover strips might be a requirement for centurion. You can have rob trim to account for this from the get go, will save you some time and you get the extra strips for covers so you don't have to buy extra abs.

Yea I already have him doing so :). Thanks though :jc_doublethumbup:

Be careful when you order your RT. Not sure when but cover strips might be a requirement for centurion. You can have rob trim to account for this from the get go, will save you some time and you get the extra strips for covers so you don't have to buy extra abs.

Good luck with your build! I'm building my RT armour right now.. trying to get it done for Halloween. I'm close! Just need to finish the thigh pieces and build the snap plates and straps.

Dang show me some pics of your build I am eager to get mine which arrives on Monday ;). I am just nervous to start lol. Btw what glue did you use on your pieces?

Dang show me some pics of your build I am eager to get mine which arrives on Monday ;). I am just nervous to start lol. Btw what glue did you use on your pieces?

Pics? I'll try to take some if I can! I'm fairly happy with the results so far, except for one arm piece which I heated just a tad too much. I'll have to contact Rob to get a replacement, if he's willing. In the mean time, it'll do.

I have used ABS cement for the inside snap plates for durability, and used E6000 for any exterior and visible areas, plus areas that may need future disassembly. E6000 is essentially a specialized shoe goo silicone that holds very well, but is still removable with enough force. Plus, if you have excess that runs off, you can use your finger nail with a bit of effort and remove it.

The ABS cement is cheap, easy to work with, and available anywhere, and holds INCREDIBLY strongly, but it is also yellow and rather ugly. Still, for areas you won't see it, it's probably the best choice if you want permanent adhesion.

I'll snap a few photos as I lay things out tonight. My work area is cluttered like crazy right now..