TK-4899 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [RS][317]

Second try for EIB. I'll edited and updated this old EIB-request. Got the OK from Locitus.

Here we go:

Name: Moritz Metzler
ID: TK-4899
Forum Name: Xizor
Garrison: German Garrison

Armor: RS Props
Helmet: DA (Dark Agent); Helmet has some decals, but also some parts are handpainted
Neckseal: selfmade
Holster: from Ebay /modified by myself
Belt: Clothears
Boots: TK-Boots (from tkboots.com)
Blaster: ANH-E-11 (Doopydoos kit with PVC pipe /some metalparts)
Handplates Type: ANH-Stunt (flexible white painted latex guards)
Gloves: Rubbergloves from Trooperbay
Undersuit: two piece

Height = 1.72 m
Weight = 60 kg

Made some Pics at home today and most of it yesterday at the Legoland-Event 2013 in Germany. Gladly there was a Member from the FISD, who helped me a bit doing the shots. THX!

Front-ArmsatSide_zpsc7ac6bda.jpg Back-ArmsatSide_zps56281d09.jpg LeftSide-Armraised_zpse5e5c3a8.jpg RightSide-Armraised_zps5a897255.jpg

LeftSideDetail_zpsde94a2be.jpg RightSideDetail_zpsed535e6f.jpg

abdomendetail_zpsef47099b.jpg

cod-buttplate_zpsa85c6ad5.jpg buttons_zps4452eb22.jpg

strapping-full_zpse1a05da3.jpg

With/without flash:::

actionshot2_zps84d1e9fe.jpg actionshot1_zpsf01d55b7.jpg

blasterright_zps209a7e0e.jpg

blasterleft_zpsc4238491.jpg

D-Ring2_zps633efb39.jpg

DSC_0061_side_zps3df88d17.jpg

helmetfront_zps23332db3.jpg helmetback_zps1d4250e0.jpg

helmetleft_zpscfafbd73.jpg helmetright_zps9bde6e20.jpg

mictips_zpsbe4597b9.jpg lenses_zpsafa2229a.jpg

s-trim_zps50eac005.jpg

neckseal2_zps65334c2d.jpg

cylinder2_zpsd7621879.jpg

sniperplate2_zps1455ada4.jpg sniperplate1_zps930c4469.jpg

tightpack1_zpsd715ae4b.jpg leg2_zps61ca279b.jpg

buttonsleft_zps060eb0f6.jpg buttonsright_zps0dd513b6.jpg

belt2_zpsf34e6b41.jpg

belt3_zpsa735cca8.jpg

holsterattachment4_zps132ff74f.jpg holsterattachment3_zpsc2871ca7.jpg

holsterattachment2_zpsff5996e8.jpg

dropboxes2_zps0a97d01a.jpg dropboxes3_zps30bcac88.jpg dropboxes1_zps6d81f7af.jpg

boots1_zps3567fbef.jpg

Sorry for the bad lights on some pics!

Some pics are with flash, others are without.

helmetnotthatdarkasyouthink_zps62f0505f.

Best regards,

Morris

Edited by xizor

Hi Moritz,

You are close and on the right track, you have done a good job of forming your armour to suit your frame, but there are some unfinished items to attend to.

You are going to loose your drop boxes when you troop if they are just gaffa taped on.

What is the gaffa tape and additional elastics doing on your biceps?

There are threads on how to strap your arms.

Your face can be seen through your helmet teeth.

Not having a holster is making your armour look incomplete.

You say you have TK boots, or order, this will be best as your current ones are not the correct type.

Your chosen method to mount the snaps to support your AB belt is unusual but will not be seen behind your belt. You could have put the snaps straight through the AB plate rather than gluing then to tab.

You have given your height at 1.72, approx 5'8"

I don't know why your chest plate is overlapping your AB buttons so much, but this is not a clearance issue.

I am sure that you will have these issues attended to in no time.

Good luck trooper.

Standards are slipping somewhere :-(

Who said I was going to approve this?

I'll get back later with a more detailed reply on why I think needs adjustment.

Who said I was going to approve this?

I'll get back later with a more detailed reply on why I think needs adjustment.

I think Mark meant base standards on a gml level (I don't mean to crap on the German GML)

-Eric

Hello guys.

Thanks for your help and feedback FunkyTrigger.

I'll try to answer your questions.

Dont worry, the drop boxes are additionally glued with E6000. The tape is for additional savity.

The gaffa tape and elastics at the biceps are made like this screenshots shows. Look at the trooper at the far left side:

princess-leia-stormtroopers-high-definition-star-wars_zps0ab46a0c.jpg

And the swiss Trooper TK-6466 also did this gaffer tape version. I thought this would be ok, but if you suggest to change this, I'll do.

About the face which is visible. My helmet does not have a fence behind the teeth. Should I wear a black mask?

Yes it's right, without a holster a trooper is incomplete. But dont worry I'll get one sooner or later.

I'll think about that to put the snaps directly through the AB plate. But if it's not absolutely necessary I would prefer not to do it.

Yep, I'm 172 cm tall, but I have no Idea, why the chest plate is overlapping the AB buttons that much. One option would be to trim the chestplate like Luke's armor has been. But I actually won't "hurt" my armor like this.

Dear firebladejedi, you are absolutely right about the boots. I was approved for the 501st in 2010. I was approved with my old FX armor with these boots. I think they let me in because the zippers are not visible. I will buy real TK-Boots. I already contacted the guys from TK-Boots to set me on the list.

By the way firebladejedi, your opinions are welcome, but your critique was a bit rude. :mellow: Now I got a quite bad feeling about this EIB requesting procedure...

Thanks so far guys! :)

regards!

Edited by xizor

My thoughts on the matter are these:

The non-frown mask is just fine. You can keep it as that if you want.

The gaffa bicep thing is also fine, although a little more discreet would be better. For those that don't know, this is the "ghetto hooks" as a certain German accuracy nut referred to it, a few years ago.

I won't approve this until a holster and new boots have been added. I also strongly thing you should glue the shoulder bridges, and if they already are, redo it better. The snap tabs on the outside of the armour is also very peculiar and it's in your best interest to put them through the armour rather than glue them to the outside. It's not hard at all. Since you have the positioning already figured out, just put a pen through the hole of the current snap to mark where to make the hole for the new snap.

You also want to shorten the elastic over you shoulders to get the chest and back to sit higher. Sure, it will make the neck opening smaller, but you can trim that wider if you need to.

Then if you're thinking of applying for centurion later on I would recommend that you get a new blaster as there are just too many things that are looking wrong. That you move the inside rivet on the knee belt to the correct corner position like the belts outside rivet as well as paint all but the crotch rivets white. A helmet paint job to get the whites to match better would also be recommended. I know the stunt helmets don't perfectly match the armour, but this is just a bit much imho.

I think that is what I had on my mind. I might come back with more recommendations if I have any.

Xizor, do not take offense to any remarks you here. These ladies and gentlemen are just trying to help you have the best armor possible. I am sure the comment was not meant to offend, but to state that there are rules and requirements for a reason. The motto is " troopers helping troopers ". just stick with it and take their advise, it will only help you. Good luck! :jc_doublethumbup:

Thank you Locitus and flashpoint0214.

I try to fix all these things, but it will take its time.

Yep the motto "troopers helping troopers" sounds good to me. I agree :)

Thank you and see you next time.

Hey man, You did a good job on your build. You are almost there! Do not let the rude remarks discourage you. We want you to have the best possible suit and thats the spirit of the suggestions. I like your attitude and look forward to seeing more photos once you have made a few adjustments. Again, take the principles of what they are saying to heart for the adjustments. Disregard the way they said it. You can do it, dont give up!

If you need help, feel free to ask questions.

Isaac

Don't worry too much Moritz, a few fixes and new boots and holster and you're all set to go for EIB. The other things I talked about are nice-to-have but not a must for EIB.

You did a good job on the trimming. Just needs some finishing touches. :duim:

Hi Moritz

Sorry if we came across in a non positive manner.

You can be assured that we are actually trying to encourage you.

In answer to one of your questions, you can either add frown mesh to your helmet teeth or wear a balaclava.

"When you wear the Stormtrooper, you become the Stormtrooper"

Stay in character,

Hiding your eyes, and flesh through the mesh, removes the human element.

Great attitude Moritz! Just take the comments for what they were ment to be, encoragement.

Fix the issues and join the ranks of EIB!

Good Luck!!

Hello. Thanks guys for the very nice words.

I'll fix the issues and will update news. This may take a few months to fix all this, because I don't have that much time and money. I'm still a poor student :-P

See you!

regards!

• 7 months later...

I'm liking the new pictures. This is ready for approval.

There is just one thing that I think you really, really, should fix. It doesn't affect approval, just overall niceness to wear and look. Strap you ab and chest plate together with elastics. It will help you a lot. Then you don't have to use the harness system you have going on. Let the whole torso be connected together and let it rest on your shoulders with the white shoulder straps. You also seem to have a lot of space inside the biceps. Consider making them slimmer. It would look better.

You might also want to redo the tears of the helmet. They look very much like ESB rather than ANH. But I will approve it for EIB level anyway.