Opinions Of This Armour

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Ive been looking at this for a few days and being fairly new would appreciate people opinions, im of course very weary as its on Ebay. Looking to get 501st clearance and really wanted to know how much work may need to done? Thanks in advance.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

There is the issue of legitimacy. It may not seem important now, but it could haunt you down the track.

I got my kit from ebay. It's a recast, and though I dont really mind where it came from too much (hey, I was drunk and foolish and have made this thing look GOOD since then), I will never be truly proud of this kit.

looks like a stormy to me, so who cares if its a recast....thats business.

Because it hurts the non-recasters that spend a lot of time, money and effort into making the good stuff, and if they stop doing that, we're out of a hobby. That's why.

Nice first post...

You'll have to excuse me for saying so, but you won't have anyone agreeing with you on that kind of talk around here.

My advice: Get yourself an armor of a reputable armor maker.

You´re from UK and want to get a ANH style armor? I know two pretty awesome armor makers in UK ... *cough* TM and RS Props *cough*

Look here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538

S

*cough* TM and RS Props *cough*

Nasty cough there my friend :)

Been looking at TM and RS already whos kits are very nice. I was just also interested on what people opinion was on this kit too, thumbs down by the sounds of though!!!

Thanks for the thoughts people :duim:

Nice first post...

You'll have to excuse me for saying so, but you won't have anyone agreeing with you on that kind of talk around here.

Thank you, but no need for that.

All I say is that recasters dont do anything wrong. Its not a copyright or trademark.

You are right it hurts the guys who do it better than others, everyone can read that recasted armors arent that great and can make their decissions.

If they buy recast 90% of you point at them and judge, like you did on my first post.

I like his armor, and if it looks good, who cares who made it?

Does a good recast mean no 501st at all, if it fits in the standards? yes? Hello monopoly...

Edited by sorran

All I say is that recasters dont do anything wrong. Its not a copyright or trademark.

You are right it hurts the guys who do it better than others, everyone can read that recasted armors arent that great and can make their decissions.

If they buy recast 90% of you point at them and judge, like you did on my first post.

Does a good recast mean no 501st at all, if it fits in the standards? yes? Hello monopoly...

I don't wish to hijack this thread with debates about recast. This is Neil's thread about this particular armor. The general concensus here in the FISD is against recasting because of, in a word, loyalty.

No one is judging anyone. We are just trying to make sure people get the most accurate and highest quality armor, while simultaneously protecting those manufacturers who worked hard to actually create molds rather than just copy others hard work to make a profit.

Mate, did you read what I wrote earlier?

When I bought this kit (before I joined the FISD), I couldn't have cared less where it came from, so long as it looked the part.

Funnily enough, nobody here ever judged me for my armour, they helped me to get it looking as good as it does today.

But having been a member here for a while now, I've gained an appreciation for the level of effort that goes into quality armoury.

But if you want to talk in terms of pure business, with no regard for anything else, at least pay attention to Locitus- there are cheaper kits out there that are legit.

From a strictly business perspective, you be a fool to pay more for an inferior product, methinks.

The point is Sorran is that armour does NOT look good. There are numerous issues with it and we haven't even had a close up view yet.

You don't care today. But you will care once you actually learn more about trooping and accuracy. Then you'll be wishing that you'd spend that $600 (USD I think) on a better suit of armour instead of jumping at the first thing that looks "legit". We've seen this dozens of times, it's good advice from experience. It's not B.S. nor creating a monopoly.

Your initial comment about "not caring" is not a good way to start your reputation on FISD or the 501st. Here we DO care. So in other words in one sentence you've managed to insult about 1000+ TK's that call FISD home.

Edited by bigironvault

Hi Neil, in my opinion its a no no keep away from this armour there is much better out there, I will send you a pm with some info on my armour.

After looking at the pics of the armour it looks as others have said a recast FX and the lid looks similar to my old one which is a one piece fibreglass lid.

I also noticed on the pics that there looks to be rivets where there should'nt be, top and bottom on front of shins and thighs and also on the ends of the belt.

The blaster also dont look right and would need work if not a complete rebuild.

Hope this helps mate.

If you think that the ~10 different makers of armour that we promote constitutes as a monopoly, feel free to take the time and effort to sculpt your own moulds like TM, RT-MOD or AM. Or put your money on the table and buy the rights and the moulds like TE2 or CFO did.

Congratulations on aleinating 98% of the members here in just 2 posts.

Pretty sure any calls for assistance /opinions you have in future here are liable to be ignored.

Might I suggest we all leave this Troll to starve and not feed him.

Thanks for the feedback on this guys, really helpful replies and some interesting ones too!!! Some good spots too after checking with the seller as the brow is coming away and needs re-fixing. The seller "apparently" bought this as an impulse buy for £1100 when drunk.

Mate, did you read what I wrote earlier?

When I bought this kit (before I joined the FISD), I couldn't have cared less where it came from, so long as it looked the part.

Funnily enough, nobody here ever judged me for my armour, they helped me to get it looking as good as it does today.

But having been a member here for a while now, I've gained an appreciation for the level of effort that goes into quality armoury.

But if you want to talk in terms of pure business, with no regard for anything else, at least pay attention to Locitus- there are cheaper kits out there that are legit.

From a strictly business perspective, you be a fool to pay more for an inferior product, methinks.

do you have before and after shot of your FX kit id be interested in knowing what the differences are ?

Thanks for the feedback on this guys, really helpful replies and some interesting ones too!!! Some good spots too after checking with the seller as the brow is coming away and needs re-fixing. The seller "apparently" bought this as an impulse buy for £1100 when drunk.

With a price tag like that, it can only mean one thing. It's a jedi-robe aka stormtrooper-costumes.com armour (they are also on our "who to avoid-list"). We've had several members bring those here and tried to help them fix them up. They did a great job, but ever single one of them wished they had avoided that armour and gotten a better kit from here instead.

Their kit consists of a low quality FX recast with a few modifications to it, coupled with a recast SDS "battle spec" helmet.

do you have before and after shot of your FX kit id be interested in knowing what the differences are ?

I'll collate some pics and make a thread. I've been meaning to for a while now anyways...

And wow, that Sorran guy was incredible! Sadly giving credence to the phrase: "Never buy Wars gear from a Trekkie."

Incidently, it was a bloody Trekkie that sold me my kit!

Although, seeing as how it was already 501st approved and all, getting my numbers was a snap. B)

New people, do not take that last bit seriously!!!