D-ring onto Hyperfirm?

Yeah. So. Back end of the hyperfirm: It's a solid little rubber knob. I can drill a hole.

My D-ring is pretty solid like a chain link.

:blink:

Has anyone done this without total disintegration of the knob?

Should I cut an opening in the D-ring so it's kind of like a C-ring, and put two divets in either side of the knob, and press it in?

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier! grr

Ingrid, I have a Hyperfirm and I got my " D ring " from trooperbay and I had to do basically what you described. Cut it into a "C ring" and then drill holes on each side of the knob on the back of the blaster. It worked out pretty well.

Chris

Thanks, everyone! Glad to know my thinking was not insane. Trust me... it goes that way sometimes.

If you're still paying attention to this thread - anyone have any tips on how to diminish some of the seams in the rubber? It seems if you sand you get... sanded rubber.

Thanks, everyone! Glad to know my thinking was not insane. Trust me... it goes that way sometimes.

If you're still paying attention to this thread - anyone have any tips on how to diminish some of the seams in the rubber? It seems if you sand you get... sanded rubber.

I've had some luck with a x-acto knife. Other than that I'm still looking for the holy grail of techniques.

• 5 weeks later...

I wondered this myself, I think I will email Lewis and ask if he has ever tweeked his blasters for details like this.

I wondered this myself, I think I will email Lewis and ask if he has ever tweeked his blasters for details like this.

From Lewis:

"You can use an emery board to file it down some more…and also a sharp x-acto blade if you want to trim further…"

You could use a softer metal too, a coat hanger works well, allows the rings to still be a bit pliable

• 1 month later...

Got my E11 last week and those were the first two questions that crossed my mind! D Ring and sanding rubber

Got my E11 last week and those were the first two questions that crossed my mind! D Ring and sanding rubber

Lewis himself told me that an emery board (for filing nails) works to file it down some or careful x-acto handy work will do the job.

lol I was actually asking some of the troopers here in Hawaii about this. They confirmed it should indeed be possible to add the D-Ring, seeing the pictures in this thread makes me even more convinced it is possible, awesome!

Your picture brings up another question of mine....what did you do for the numbers on the counter?

+1 on the numbers, that looks pretty neat!