• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fdeaf365.jpg

81bbb61d.jpg

3846021e.jpg

919a9e7d.jpg

So im a bit unsure what i should do with the right ear. I think i didnt line it up right and it has a gap. Or shall i leave it. What do you guys think?

d6a6cba1.jpg

0a0a4415.jpg

bec4461a.jpg

80e6c301.jpg

WOW Joey :duim: i would not worrie about the gap's with the right ear it look's more authentic like the originals just dont over trimm like i did on the Left ear :angry: ,but i can see you have that spot on , Rob has kindley sent me another left ear which i have now trimmed to how it should be and is now on the bad boy ;).

I wouldn't worry about the ear gap and I don't want to be negative but it looks like your helmet is getting pushed in at the ears.

Check out the difference with the tear traps from unassembled to assembled they are less visible and in the 2nd pic and the right ear is disappearing behind the eye.

919a9e7d.jpgbec4461a.jpg

I know what Wayne is talking about Joey , i know when i put mine together dont over tighten the ear's because they do tend to sink in to the helmet , try and find a happy medium maybe try and trimm a few mm off around the tops of the ear's ;) .below is how i have mine at the mo :).

DSC04941.jpgDSC04942.jpgDSC04943.jpgDSC04944.jpg

Hmmm. I know what you guys mean about it sinking in. Its my first time working with this plastic so im still trying to get used to it. I'll try that later on today.

Sidenote: i like how you just have a pile of stormtrooper stuff in a room steve. Haha

i'm unsure about painting? i want to paint monday if i have a chance.

here i removed the faceplate, readjusted everything. i didn't cut anything off the ears but i moved them around. now the ears look too perfect in place.

495674d0.jpg

39d0e56a.jpg

19615d59.jpg

dafe07d8.jpg

39c0e2cc.jpg

what also made me decide to move the faceplate is because in the earlier pictures, the brow had a lot of gap between the rubber and the actual faceplate. it was bugging me but now i think it looks better.

That looks A LOT better. One thing that really gets me is the brow trim on the RS props helmets. Is that the actual trim size and shape? I mean it looks too big and bulky when comparing it to originals.

But RS has an original helmet which they would have matched the brow trim.

Yeah the brow trim is correct. It's fan made helmets that for a long time have been using too small trim, and made us used to the look.

• 4 weeks later...

Tube stripes are painted with humbrol #14. Some traps and both ears are painted. Just need to paint the outer line on the rear traps and the tear traps.

45f1e5ae.jpg

d6b83ca1.jpg

a12cb51b.jpg

Dude that looks awesome.... Well done Joey. So did you primer first then painted it? or did you hit it with paint right away. Again...The helmet looks incredible.... :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thanks guys! Its rustoleum gloss white. 2 coats. There is primer and it seems to hold the paint well. But if i use my nail to scratch it, it shows the khaki color.

Yeah Armando! Im in san francisco. How about you?