Rob's ANH real Sterling build ( pic heavy )

My next question is should I paint the scope rail? It has been pointed out to me that it would appear that some were not painted.

swnh3568.jpg

By bsac15 at 2012-06-07

refanh4289451.jpg

starwarsepisodeivanewhom.jpg

By bsac15 at 2012-06-07

By bsac15 at 2012-06-07

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved my M40 scope today and just want some opinions on the location. I haven't drilled the rail yet. The scope is just resting there. How does this look?

001fxfd.jpg

By bsac15 at 2012-06-12

002wd.jpg

By bsac15 at 2012-06-12

Looking nice!

Interesting display stand parts in the background - are they made or bought?

Back to the scope... there's certainly a Tunisian in that position:

StarWarsEpisodeIVANewHope19771080pHDTVx264-helge3200-06-31.jpg

I put mine in this position, with the rear scope screw lined up a little behind the stock hinge:

StarWarsEpisodeIVANewHope19771080pHDTVx264-helge3223-47-42.jpg

This trooper's got an M19 even further back

StarWarsEpisodeIVANewHope19771080pHDTVx264-helge3223-30-43.jpg

These are the clearest side shots I've got to hand but there'll be other screenies I'm sure

Thanks for the great pics Andy. That second one is super clear! I may have mounted the scope just a couple of mil further forward than I would have liked but I'm happy. I have also made a bit of a change to the rail so it slopes ever so slightly. That is rail MK5 and I think I am done with it now.

003efw.jpg

By bsac15 at 2012-06-12

The display stand parts I made myself. I like to make all my own stands. Normally I make MR style stands but with perforated sheet aluminium instead of mirror on the base. I am trying a new design for this one. It will all be made from aluminim for a more modern look :)

Its alright for an old Blaster at your side kid ! , Stunning Rob and attention to all the detailing with

the proper T-track ,make's me wish i had kept my original Stirling :(

I thought it would be, because of the frame lining on the plaque :) This stand looks great, black with silver is exactly what a Stormtrooper blaster needs. Much better than all black, or all silver stand and even better than the MR mirrored base type stand. For a real blaster you need a solid stand like this, not a mirror stand ;)

That case looks brilliant! I really like the details - the rubber grommets at the base of the pillars & the black bands at the top - are they an inlaid material or painted?

I'm picturing it with a diffused light glowing (& possibly pulsating) through the perforated base, linked to a small soundboard playing ANH soundbytes activated with push button or motion sensor.... :)

But it's great just as it is too! lol

i look forward to seeing more pics of your work if/when you find some :)

Thanks Lee. I haven't made much progress the last couple of days as I wont have the Hengstler until my birthday as it's a gift. I used the free time to make a simple stand out of aluminium but it's not quite finished yet.

002ibrq.jpg

By bsac15 at 2012-06-18