most expert holster attachment technique?

I messed up my first belt by attaching it too close to the front, and I am redoing it with a new belt. I use snaps right now so that I can easily remove it for storage or it weapons are not allowed at the event. I am going ANH hero,

I know snaps are allowed for attachment, but I have also seen people rivet on the male snap end to the belt what is the preferred method to look the best?

Thanks troopers!

Ed

For removable kine holster? Chicago screws. Otherwise pop rivets.

Or you could put a fake rivet in and then use snaps in the back where it can't be seen ;)

Aloha,

-Eric

I use 2 pop rivets to hold snaps on the inside of the belt.

Very 007ish way of doing this . It looks like the real deal, but does something else...

It makes me want to hear the Bond theme song...

Very 007ish way of doing this . It looks like the real deal, but does something else...

It makes me want to hear the Bond theme song...

Hehe, thanks. :)

Have you ever posted pics here?

I don't know, but it's very simple, and the method is identical to how firebladejedi attached snaps to the inside of the ab->kidney plates back in the day when we used pop rivets instead of split rivets.

Yeah, your rivet needs to be of an appropriate diametre in relation to the inner diamatre of the male snap, but you can always test on some scrap first. Not that I've never had any trouble with this. I think it's quite forgiving with what rivet size you use.

Yeah, your rivet needs to be of an appropriate diametre in relation to the inner diamatre of the male snap, but you can always test on some scrap first. Not that I've never had any trouble with this. I think it's quite forgiving with what rivet size you use.

I had to find some small washers to put in to the male snaps to keep the rivet head from slipping through the snap. I used the same technique on my plastic snap plates too. The technique is very easy and may be a bit faster then having to hammer your snaps in place.

Fascinating Mathias. I don't know why it never dawned on me to use Terry's pop rivet snap dealio on my belt. Thanks... I have an imminent holster replacement and this is relief :)

Do you have any problems with your holster falling off when you do the re-holster wiggle cha-cha twist? (all the rage with the kids these days)

How did you get a snap onto the thick leather of the holster straps?

Aloha,

-Eric

Never had any problems with it at all.

On my last holster the leather on the straps was thin enough that I just made a hole and put on the female snap like normal. For my new I had to carve out some material with an exacto first, but you just need to do that around the hole where the snap will go.

vader_thumbs_up.jpg

Never had any problems with it at all.

On my last holster the leather on the straps was thin enough that I just made a hole and put on the female snap like normal. For my new I had to carve out some material with an exacto first, but you just need to do that around the hole where the snap will go.

I'll think you'll find that Mark-Firebladejedi introduced the idea of covert fixings with poppers way, way back in the day B)

And Mr.Haggis (Billhag) posted a splendid explanation / how to back in the good ol' days of 2008 :)

http://www.whitearmo...opic=4553&st=20

Mark

You can get screw rivets in loads of places in the UK mate, just do a Google and you'll see

tons of sites where you can pick them up in different sizes, widths and lengths smile.gif

alluminium-screw-rivets.jpg

The snap method works just as well and I had no problem with getting the snap to go through

the canvas belt or the leather holster strap smile.gif

Holsterattatchment.jpg

Holsterattatchment2.jpg

Hope this helps smile.gif

I'll think you'll find that Mark-Firebladejedi introduced the idea of covert fixings with poppers way, way back in the day B)

Cheers mate! :)

Billhag, on 05 October 2008 - 08:43 AM, said:

Mark

You can get screw rivets in loads of places in the UK mate, just do a Google and you'll see

tons of sites where you can pick them up in different sizes, widths and lengths smile.gif

alluminium-screw-rivets.jpg

I always go with this.