AP ANH stunt first build

the teeth should be not painted on the lips of the helmet, just on the tabs.

you need to sand out the eyes a bit more as well. no flashing and you're golden!

nice work so far!

the teeth should be not painted on the lips of the helmet, just on the tabs.

you need to sand out the eyes a bit more as well. no flashing and you're golden!

nice work so far!

I knew the teeth did not look right to me I think I'm going to go back and paint them that's a decal

Edited by Jeepfrog

Great work so far. I was pretty nervous about my helmet build. When I first opened the box I stood there basking in all it's glory. Then it hit me, where the hell do I even start... But after getting that bucket built everything else just fell into place. :duim:

i Looked at the frown references then at the eye hole one i noticed that my brow is sitting little lower than most of the pic is mine ok or do i have to change it. i like the look of it lower.

Rusty,

Hi, looking good so far. A little touch up on the second from the left tooth.

What tips did you use? It looks like the ones that came with the kit? if you are planning to go for EIB\Centurion? If so you will need to get the correct "Hovis".

Andy

WOW You wasted NO time! Just flew right through that!

Hmm I thought Mark was shipping with the EI hovis now. Oh well, they're not hard to find - there's even a blowout sale on the For Sale boards.

The helmet, if you follow the AP markings for screws, will put your brow where it is. I was a little annoyed but I'm used to it now and did a small tweak. Someone recommended you can put some flashing or "for sale" sign abs on the back of the ear pieces inside the helmet, adjust the brow, and drill new holes. I haven't tried this yet but I'm considering.

I think you should paint into the holes in the teeth, just not above or below on the lips :)

WOW You wasted NO time! Just flew right through that!

Hmm I thought Mark was shipping with the EI hovis now. Oh well, they're not hard to find - there's even a blowout sale on the For Sale boards.

The helmet, if you follow the AP markings for screws, will put your brow where it is. I was a little annoyed but I'm used to it now and did a small tweak. Someone recommended you can put some flashing or "for sale" sign abs on the back of the ear pieces inside the helmet, adjust the brow, and drill new holes. I haven't tried this yet but I'm considering.

I think you should paint into the holes in the teeth, just not above or below on the lips :)

He will ship them as an upgrade only on the trimmed kit or complete set

Fixed brow looks good. If you're going for EI be sure to lightly trim that return edge off the bottom/hand part of the forearms. If not, no biggy. It might be the angle of the photo but it looks like you have 'em, but maybe you're past that too!

Fixed brow looks good. If you're going for EI be sure to lightly trim that return edge off the bottom/hand part of the forearms. If not, no biggy. It might be the angle of the photo but it looks like you have 'em, but maybe you're past that too!

About the forearms should they be snug I gone back they seam loose on alot of picks I have seen I figured they would snug to hold them in place

It's really about your comfort level. I would start bigger and troop a couple times. It's way easier to fix to smaller. However, if you're doing butt joint, you can use strips to open up a little bit, too.

Yeah it's called Jam It The F On There. No seriously, I don't know if it's AP in particular, but it gets crooked if you try to line it up with the top bulgy part of the shin, right? I carefully measured where I wanted, looked to see what was interfering, and trimmed to get it as flat-straight-flush as possible, glued and clamped the hell out of it, and crossed my fingers. It was a lot of work and ultimately I gave up and riveted it (guaranteeing it wouldn't slip or anything). However, now I have to figure that out for centurion status. I might have some before and after pics somewhere, certainly a "oops my rivet gun sucks" picture...er, never mind, that was my thigh/ammo.

Edited by LadyInWhite