TK Questions: purists beware!

Okay I'm going to ask something that could have me up for a public stoning - and I don't mean the sort where we need to find a garage cos of the munchies!!!

It's about mixing and matching tk gendres.. anh, esb, rotj

The thing is, I like & dislike bits of all three, let me explain....

My preference is for anh stunt, however:

- I like the black smile on the esb lid & a satin vocoder

- I want my shoulder bridges fixed at the back rotj style (Velcro)

- I want to fix my holster with 4 snaps like the anh hero

- I want the esb/ rotj catch & hammer greeblies on my e-11 whilst retaining the power cylinders & counter

My first question...... would this hybrid be cleared?

My second question, as much as I'm a 'don't know much about art but I know what I like' kind of guy, we are a family here & I'd like to know your thoughts......have your consent if you like.

In the meantime I'll go and get my tin hat!!!

The last time I looked, most of us live in free countries. It's your money and you can build the armor to your liking. Will your armor pass for 501st...yes. There are standards that are upheld for FISD regarding the armor represented for each film. Since you will NOT be representing a specific film with your armor, there just is no possiblity to obtaining EIB or Centurion in any category. I hate to sound this negative but it is what it is.

Good on you for building your armor and participating in the 501st. Everyone in this wonderful group builds their armor to their own level.

Well, I'm sure there are purists who will hate it (there always are). And I'm not really sure about the clearance issue but I say go for it. Over the years I've tweaked my armor to what suits me best. I have tried to make mine as comfortable as possible for ME.. I'm the one who wears it and I like it the way I've got it. As long as it looks good it'll probably pass 501st clearance. That's all I've ever cared about. Once you get that do whatever you want as long as it's not TOO much. I've seen many many mixed and matched TK suits.

I've been in the 501st since 2006 and I've never heard of having to get your armor re-evaluated.

Do what works for you. As long as you are not going for EIB or all that Centurian stuff do what you like. Who cares what the purists think?

I guess for 501st clearance it might be passable but as it's been stated, for EIB or centurion it's a no-go. But man, it's a free world, do as you like. Perhaps this combination of things might look awesome! Go ahead, I'm looking forward to see how it turns out :) Good luck

In the end is is all about what works for you, the look you want. As said above, it would pass 501st, no problem, but wont go anywhere further than that, EIB, etc. Which is perfectly fine, if that is what you would like. Fans will see you as a stormtrooper either way, it all comes down to the look that you want. And you sound like you know what you want, so go for it, and enjoy it! :smiley-sw013:

I will be applying for EIB in the next few weeks, but I won`t be applying for Centurian, even though it is only two modifications away. But for me I don`t want the hand painted look on my helmet, I like the perfect looking stickers. I`m going for the idealized TK look as opposed to the film accurate look. I also prefer the Novex w/plastic guard as opposed to plastic gloves/latex guard. It is all about what YOU want. You can always change it later :dancing-trooper:

Edited by Sparrow

bear in mind when you apply for 501st clearance you need to pick a costume ANH/ESB ect, i wouldn't recommend applying as a hybrid ... generic stormtroopers are no longer a valid costume option in the 501st. your best bet would be to go esb (there shoulder straps are affixed in the back anyway ) as for the Hero holster attachment.. right now as the current requirements only state, the holster must be leather or leather like.. so technically correct holster attachment is not required for any TK (for now) ;) this however could change at a given point.. blasters aren't even required for approval so you should be good there, but id go with a ESB promo style myself

i cant tell you for sure if your GML would approve it.. i would contact the UKG GML first if i were you..

you could opt to build a ANH/ROTJ hybrid http://forum.whitear...showtopic=18647 this could be approved as a new costume as it has the canon references :)

also the TKC/ICN are hybrid as well and already 501st approved

first check with the UKG gml... he's the one who will be standing at the forefront of your costume choice@!

the UKG is pretty strict actually from what I understand.

For Vern etc who have made the suggestion:

Grant has done the decent/polite thing and started a duplicate of this on the UKG forums.

For what its worth the general concensus so far is for him going either ANH,ESB or ROTJ rather than him going for a mix.

you could go dual eib like me

2 belts/holster blasters

2 sets gloves

2 helmets

just have to change the way your straps attach at back

if you go anh hero you could have them attached for both

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

you could go dual eib like me

2 belts/holster blasters

2 sets gloves

2 helmets

This is gonna be the plan Vern - towards the end of the year I think though.

Just a check though...is the esb e-11 same as anh type, without counter or power cylinders, but with some extra greeblies?

If so, does anyone make these greeblies?

• Like 1

The ESB film version E-11's were really simplified, IIRC. No power cylinders, no Hengstler, just an M-19 and T-tracks.

But the Stunt version is way cooler... (making one atm, and Tango'd Fett's parts are very nice indeed).

It's a good idea, the convertible Trooper. Makes me want to get a decent ANH lid...