new trooper

Hi, my name is Gary. I was directed to this site by the GML of the florida garrison i am trying to join. I am here one, to get to know some people with the same interest's, and two for some guidence on getting my armor excepted into the 501st. As i said my name is gary, i am happily married, i have one child, and i work at old-town in kissimmee florida. I have wanted to become a stormtrooper since i was five. There is something about that prestine white armor and that awsome looking helmet !Joining the legion is in the works for my self and my father. We are trying to get approved. So any tips would be greatly appreciated.post-16055-0-01795000-1331078269.jpgpost-16055-0-15558900-1331078270.jpgpost-16055-0-90767500-1331078270.jpgpost-16055-0-69411500-1331078271.jpg

since you are wearing a ROTJ suit there are a number of things wrong.

1. helmet frown painted wrong. Should be black. and extend outside the teeth area. (I'd consider a more accurate style helmet)

Tears and traps stripes may need redoing as well.

TK_rotj_helmet.jpg

2. holster hangs on the right side.

3. missing the thermal detonator

TK_anh_stunt_detonator.jpeg

4. need to add velcro so the backs of the greaves close.

5. thigh armor should be closed in back

6. ab dots are upside down.

TK_rotj_ab.jpg

Last thing I see is the armor looks loose on you. Ab and cod could be raised so the chest overlaps some. Thighs and greaves look a little big as well but since they aren't closedin the back that may be better when you close them up.

Edited by Tray

My thoughts would be to sell the Rubies armor (I'm assuming here), and build yourself an AM kit. Maybe an ATA helmet or even AP...or....TM (drool)

As always, post with any questions. We are here to help you on your journey and point you in the right direction.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Understood Travis,

But I stand by my thought. I almost bought the Rubies as well before I even knew of the Legion. Even chose the Rubies Vader...sent it back when the undersuit was way too tight on me. Now, glad I sent it back. I'm sure there's someone out there who will buy it for a Halloween costume. His father and he can almost get 2 sets of ATA with the sale of the Rubies.

:dancing-trooper: Here's to finding accurate armor!

Thank you all so much for the feedback, and advise. I will take it to heart! My father has the exact same armor and helmet. The fit was really bad in these pics, but i have taken others they were just to big to post. Again i do appreciate every ounce of critisism and advise from you all. I will look into changing my armor.

Welcome!! I know you said you wanted to be 501st accepted, but did you have any other goals you were shooting for?

Not sure how much research you've done or if you were trying to go the ROTJ trooper route, but depending on what your overall goal is, that can make a lot of difference on the advice you'll get here. I think alot of the troopers here try to hold each other to a higher standard, which IMO makes it that much better in both end quality and accuracy. So if you are aiming to go above and beyond the standard TK costume, you're certainly in the right place,

I can definetly say that the FISD is the right place for you.

Just when I thought I knew everything about armor... BLAMO! I joined up here.

At times these folks will turn your stomach when you realize you've made a mistake or what you thought was right just turned out to be Bantha Fodder.

:shok:

BUT, the members here are true fans and complete proffesionals and I couldn't be more honored to be in this group. - Welcome and rest assured you will never be let down.

Yep, I saw this come through the GML, albeit with a rubies bucket when it was submitted. This is a full on rubies with an MRCE helmet.

Gary, have you signed up on the Florida Garrison forums at all? There are a ton of folks local to you that can help with building armor. That being said, PM incoming..