Tapatalk

DarthBrute

Well, if we can't figure out why the spike starting happening 8 weeks ago and have to move to a pricier server, then we can turn stuff on but the taxes will go up. :(

Folks - we do realize this is a real PITA for most users and really want to get these features turned back on ASAP. We're still digging, but even I admit that if we can find a root cause we may have to bite the bullet and move on up (and yes, turn on features again :))

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm near giving up. Turning off stuff has been an education for me in ip board... And mostly for placating our hosting provider by doing _something_.

I have been following the advice ipb experts. What I realize now is that people turn off these features on an ip board to help with a poor performing website. Our forum website hums right along. That means none of this won't help us, who just happen to use too much CPU time for our hosting provider's liking.

It sucks that we weren't archiving our web logs until recently. I can't go through them with a fine tooth script and find what the heck happened to trigger this madness.

I'm looking into getting FISD tote bags for the inevitable pledge drive.

Aloha and thanks again for your patience.

-Eric

• 1 month later...

Can't get into FISD at all on tapatalk on the iphone at the moment. The following messages appear:

"Cannot connect to forum: the forum is either restricting access from Tapatalk, or the installed Tapatalk plugin is not working. Please contact your system administrator."

...followed by,

"System message: server error occurred: class 'user' not found. (user.class.php:5)"

• 1 month later...

I'm using HD Tapatalk and I find it awesome! Although some posts I'm not able to reply to for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just upgraded tapatalk on the server. Please let me know if this solves your problem... or makes things worse for anyone else :)

Aloha,

-Eric

I just upgraded tapatalk on the server. Please let me know if this solves your problem... or makes things worse for anyone else :)

Aloha,

-Eric

Good so far for me.

I've been using it for months on Android, love it. Any reason the 501st forums aren't enabled on this app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OMG, that would be just too good to be true to have that happen! I cannot image what kind of effort it takes to do so if the forum software is not compatible.

OMG, that would be just too good to be true to have that happen! I cannot image what kind of effort it takes to do so if the forum software is not compatible.

I know nothing about what Eric and others have to do to tweak things to make them compatable but on my Tapatalk app I use the IOC, FISD, 70th Explorers, SL and Florida Garrison on there but wondered why the 501st and some others like Forcepike doesn't allow/use Tapatalk.

I would imagine that the 501st forum runs an outdated version of it's forum backend due to them not keeping up with adapting their custom tweaks to the forum updates, so now they are so far behind that tapatalk does not support their old forum software.

I have no insight to the legion forums, but that's my guess at least.

Mathias is exactly right. The version of the legion forums is too old to support tapatalk. The upgrade is taking a very long time.

-Eric

Mathias is exactly right. The version of the legion forums is too old to support tapatalk. The upgrade is taking a very long time.

-Eric

I agree...and I'm sure it will be really nice once completed. :)

Edited by Griffin-X

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...