Trooperbay Gloves & Hand Guards - Are they EIB & Cent Approved?

I'm still researching for components that I'll need to complete my costume. My overall goal is to aim for both EIB and Cent. Approval when finished.

I was looking at the Gloves & Hand Guards Combo on trooperbay.com (link: http://trooperbay.com/gloves-hand-guards-combo/ ).

My question is on the black gloves and white guards. The description says :

Most people are not aware that the original hand guards used in SW were actually made of a flexible rubber material. Alot of the armor made today comes with hard plastic hand guards that arent really accurate. Trooperbay has the accurate solution!! Choose either the plain hand guards that need to be painted with a paint suitable for rubber (the paint will crack….just like the screen used ones), or choose the pure white rubber hand guards so you dont have to paint (they will never crack)! These hand guards are made of very flexible rubber and will need to be glued to the hand backs of the included black rubber gloves. I suggest E-6-000 used sparingly.

My questions are:

A) Are the gloves going to cause me any issues with EIB or Cent Approval?

B) Are the Hand Guards going to cause me any issues with EIB or Cent Approval?

C) Is attaching the guards using the industrial adhesive the best method (or most accurate method)? If not, can some one lend some advice.

D) I'm not as worried about cost as I am about accuracy for my EIB/Cent approval. That being said, is this the best solution to my need for gloves and guards? Or is there something better I should be considering?

Thank in advance for helping a Newb.

TrooperBay's handguards should pass muster for Centurion (pretty much every TK component TrooperBay sells is EIB/Cent-ready if I'm not mistaken).

For advice on attaching them, I'd recommend talking to Karin (Sonnenschein). She is the Queen of Handguards, after all.

Josh... you seem like you're asking all the right questions.

If Mike of Trooperbay says to use E-6000 on his hard guards I wouldn't question him.

I think Sonnenschein uses CA with activator but I'm not sure. Best to PM her.

For my nomex gloves I used silicone adhesive for my Karin made silicone hard guards. My rubber gloves came to me from Karin with painted hand guards glued to them.

Aloha,

-Eric

I remember other troopers have tried E-6000 before and it failed them, so I would not go for that. I used a loctite CA glue with a activator pen.

Others have used silicon gaulk (I think it's called that) with success.

Talk to Karin, she know all about these things. She also sells some very nice handguards!

I should chime in here and say that the listing needs to be revised. I have used CA glue with great success. With every hand guard I send out, I also send instructions to use CA glue. The important step to remember with my hand guards is to be sure and sand the back sides of the guards well with 60 grit sandpaper. If you leave them smooth nothing will stick to them :) They are not true latex either...Latex takes several days to cure. I have substituted with a similar rubber material that cures overnight. :) So I wouldnt advise using tire repair glue, I havent tried it yet...

I should chime in here and say that the listing needs to be revised. I have used CA glue with great success. With every hand guard I send out, I also send instructions to use CA glue. The important step to remember with my hand guards is to be sure and sand the back sides of the guards well with 60 grit sandpaper. If you leave them smooth nothing will stick to them :) They are not true latex either...Latex takes several days to cure. I have substituted with a similar rubber material that cures overnight. :) So I wouldnt advise using tire repair glue, I havent tried it yet...

Thanks for the chime-in on this!!!

I'll be placing a decent order with you very soon.

Thanks for having the great products available to us!

Mine are just a pair of no-name brand that I got from a garrison friend. So I can't help you with that. Try searching ebay or local hardware shops for inner gloves that are supposed to be used with rubber gloves.

About time I'd chime in here :)

For latex hand guards, you can almost use ANY glue. I like CA super glue, because of its fastness.

For MY white rubber (non latex) hand guards, which have a high silicone content, I use loctite superglue with activator pen. The glue I ever used :)

I don't know what Mike uses in his version, but trust his sugesstions. He's the "King of Trooper supplies" ;)

REgarding Centurion: There aren't any details* specified (yet), as long as it's white, flexible, about the right shape, it will pass.

(details: knuckle indentions, thumb slope, tilt, etc)

Karin

• 6 months later...

I have a pair of Trooperbay's hand guards on my ICN. I also have a pair of Karin's. The Trooperbay guards are larger. In fact, they are closer insize to FX hand guards. I had to trim them down in order to successfully glue them to my chemical gloves. I buy stuff from Trooperbay like once a week it seems, but for the hand guards, Karin's are better IMHO.