What helmet to get?

what size hat do you wear?

neck size?

the ATA has a large opening, and it can be made even wider?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

You may have to go with a RT-MOD helmet, I think your size is a bit to large for screen size helmet. Contact Rob at RT-MOD, he's really cool and tell him your size.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

OK - what is suggested for the opposite problem? I have a very small head - as in the very last prong on an adjustable ball cap. I am 5'10" so I am also trying to figure out what looks proportional - figuring that I can put more padding in if necessary.

I don't particularly like the larger helmets and would like to avoid them, but I haven't yet been able to put my finger on which ones are larger and which ones are narrower. Is it a particular sculpt or is it the difference between stunt and hero?

Heh, while I'm on the topic, I have wondered a little about color matching. If I wanted to upgrade to a TM helmet down the road what armor should I be looking for to match that eventuality?

Sorry for all of the ?'s I hope I'm not being redundant. If there is a thread I should read, please re-direct. . . .

• 1 month later...

Mysie, I would think (and I maybe wrong) it's more about the bucket compared with your build/height for proportions, so at 5'10" any of the regular buckets should look proportional on you. Then you just outfit the INside to get it to fit your head, so you might need extra padding. Heck a helmet liner might actually work for you - I couldn't get one into mine. I am now thinking bike helmet padding...

Mysie, I would think (and I maybe wrong) it's more about the bucket compared with your build/height for proportions, so at 5'10" any of the regular buckets should look proportional on you. Then you just outfit the INside to get it to fit your head, so you might need extra padding. Heck a helmet liner might actually work for you - I couldn't get one into mine. I am now thinking bike helmet padding...

Yeah, once you put on your helmet, if you are 5'10" you should look similar in proportions than screen TKs.

It is a matter of how your bucket is put together and how you make it on the inside.

:)

Saludos.

yeah but how do you decide between ESB or ANH?

By how you paint the helmet and which is your favorite film :)

(actually that's not true... ESB is my favorite film but I prefer the look of a ANH stunt trooper)

Aloha,

-Eric

• 2 months later...

I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and have a 7 5/8 hat size. I picked up the AM kit and am using the helmet that came with it. Some people on the forums will tell you that the helmet is too big, but I think the proportions are right with my size. They should be fine for you as well.

• 2 months later...