Ms Marvel Project

Our big Hawaii con is in March this year. It is "Kawaii Kon", which has a strong anime focus, but other groups are picking up. Many of my Outpost mates are doing Marvel Characters with the "Avengers" movie coming. We have a great Capt America, Red Skull, One guy is finishing Ironman, etc. I love my Ironette Dancer look, but I wanted superpowers of my own! A very wise an experienced costumer here advised me to look into Ms Marvel. Besides being iconic, she has a great story! I really love her struggle, and her military background is cool too! Besides being WAY to short, I thoght I could do her OK.

So here is my first run. The mask is too big, I have ordered a new one, and I want to snug up the boots, plus make some tweaks on the suit fitment. But I thought they are good enough to share with my FISD Ohana! I am keeping this sorta quiet, I plan on surprising the "bad guy" team with it :)

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

I think it's outstanding Julie and far, far better than the Ironette Dancer. I agree on the mask could be smaller, but your rock this costume like no other. Be proud as Ms. Marvel - you wear it well.

Congrats! :peace:

I can't wait to see this costume in person... in a month... today!

Will you be doing quick changes all day? I assume you'll be wearing your femtrooper at some point over the weekend no?

Aloha nui,

-Eric

This was a quick test run, just wait, we'll get some great shots with all the characters soon! We already have a Hydra too!

And hats off to Paul, this was his idea!

Darth, last year I did 4. I have a small glitch with a college class that is ending on the 17th though. Since we have a booth for PAC501, my main focus will be Star Wars. Prob Slave Leia, femtrooper, and Ms Marvel.