My shins look like crap!

I have tried to emulate the inner elastic and hook design of the original ANH shins, but mine look like crap. For some reason you can totally see the hooks going into the plastic and the outer shin sticks out about 1/4 inch away from the inner shin. Any pics or advice you might have to help here would be great. Unless they just look like this for everyone. If thats the case I am going back to velcro....

I think the trouble is where the elastic is folded over its not sitting very flat.How do they look on the inside?

Ā 

This is how my 1.5 set looked

Ā 

SDC13816.jpg

SDC13815.jpg

SDC13813.jpg

Edited by firebladejedi

I see a couple of things:

Ā 

the elastic is folded over your hook mike.

the finishing strip at the back of the shin looks like it

could be shorter at the top as well.

Ā 

perhaps without the folds of elastic the hooks would lay flatter?

and with a more flush strip everything might stay closer together>?

Ā 

those don't look that bad? how do they look with your leg inside...

I actually like this way better than when i had velcro on my other shin armor. I had to heat my shins so that they would lay flat on top of each other so when i do close them they don't have as much of a gap. If you want i can post pics of them later once i get off of work.

It looks like your formed pieces are not very defined and your joining strip goes all the way to the top which is wrong and could be preventing the two halves closing properly. How close do they fit with nothing there?

Ā 

The hook method is very effective and screen accutrate too. That said, I have only ever used it on 1.5mm and thinner gauge ABS, but I can't see it being a problem on thicker gauge ABS.

Ā 

Don't give up Mike! Velcro sucks!!!!

I use this method on my 2mm TM. I never "unhook" them though, for me I use the elastic for what it is, elastic. So I just slide my foot inside and let the elastic do it's thing.

I like how in the film you can see a trooper running down the hallway with his shins popping open and closed.

This innovative feature provides ventilation, thus keeping Troopers cool in the heat of battle. :duim: