Doopdoos e11 with electronics?

the main problem with getting ERV's boards is that he never makes them available.

has no waiting list, and you have to troll a webboard to get his products.

I've been trying for 3 THREE years to get a board from ERV!

• 1 month later...

the main problem with getting ERV's boards is that he never makes them available.

has no waiting list, and you have to troll a webboard to get his products.

I've been trying for 3 THREE years to get a board from ERV!

Does anyone know Erv well enough to persuade him to start a waiting list? Or let another technical genius have access to his circuit diagrams to make & sell them on his behalf? I'd love one of his boards but have found the same problem with getting hold of one :(

In a vid of a Hyperdyne boards E11 it looks like it fires when you release the trigger. Can they be made to fire when you press the trigger & is it easy for someone with no electronics experience to fit one?

Cheers, Andy

If I remember to do so, no problem. :)

I'm thinking of using them in my Fett costume I'm building. The EE-3 blaster has plenty of room for a sound board.

I just got the package with the two sound boards today. I've only played around with the simpler 1 button version (http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2841/.f) so far.

I'd say that it is a pretty nice little thing. While the software used to write the audio to the board is windows only and maybe a little buggy, it does what it should. The sound board is like that too, it's small and cheap. It has no bells and whistles but it does what it should.

The push buttons might be a little too large to be able to hide if you intend to mount the permanently on your prop, but anyone with basic soldering skills should find it easy to replace them or extend the wires.

What's the sound quality & volume of its Big Brother like, Matthias? Compared to a Hasbro E11 for example? Is there much background hiss? & does the sound activate when you push the button or when you release it? I'm waiting for them to tell me whether there's an LED kit that would attach to it for synchronised light & sound :) Cheers, Andy

I don't have a hasbro E-11 to compare with (and I'll never get one either!). Sound quality is fine. The little brother version can record in 8 and 12Kb sample rate for a slightly higher sound quality sacrificing length. Although 50 seconds is far more than I need for my 2 second blaster sound sample. The speaker included is probably better than the one in a hasbro, but I can't compare as I mentioned. And it easy to replace with a bit of soldering.

The sound is activated when the button is pressed and stops if it's pressed again while the sound clip is playing. In the software it's possible to change to a loop started and stopped by button press (not needed in a blaster though).

The big brother version has more software settings for what happens on button presses, but I haven't played around with that yet. On both kits there's a small red LED flashing while sound is playing. I suppose that you could remove it, and hook up some wires to the LED or a bigger one mounted somewhere else. But it will flash, not shine continuously as you might want for a laser effect.

Not me! :lol:

I'll play around some with the 4 button big brother version later. It's so cheap and the shipping was excellent so even if it would turn out to not suit your needs perfectly, it's no great loss.

The included speaker won't fit inside a E-11 so you would definitely need to replace it with a smaller one, or put it inside a bigger blaster. The sound board itself however is small enough, only 30 mm wide, to fit inside the receiver tube.

Does anyone know Erv well enough to persuade him to start a waiting list? Or let another technical genius have access to his circuit diagrams to make & sell them on his behalf? I'd love one of his boards but have found the same problem with getting hold of one :(

In a vid of a Hyperdyne boards E11 it looks like it fires when you release the trigger. Can they be made to fire when you press the trigger & is it easy for someone with no electronics experience to fit one?

Cheers, Andy

ERV has in the past been really hard to get product from.

recently mathias let me know about his opening up his store and I purchased the basic blastercore 4.0

have not tested it, but it is here.

• 2 weeks later...