RomFX

Hello all, has anyone been in touch with John from RomFX lately? I had contacted him about two months ago looking to get a unit for my helmet. He said he would know something in a couple of weeks but I still have not heard from him. I tried to email him a couple of times in the last two weeks with no response. Any other options I should look into? What is recommended? Anyone have an extra laying around they want to sell?

Thanks

Chris

I use the iComm plus an Aker amp too, and it works great.

I have not tried the Rom/FX though, but I can heartily recommend Jims iComm and Aker amp compo.

A great guy, superfast expediting, and a great product :)

I use the RomFx. I like the different voice modulation levels. And the ablility to add a few sounds. Tho, I really want to get the iCOM to compare the two. I love the static burst from the iCOM that most resembles the movie "clicks". I've heard that the iCOM has issues with the static burst going off at wierd times. The RomFx works great and I have never had an issue with it...but if you're looking for screen accurate "clicks" after you speak, iCOM is where it's at.

I've seen the Aker in use and , quite frankly, it pales in comparison compared to the RomF/X.

Having said that, John has had a few personal issues of late resulting in a drop off in communication.

I would strongly suggest you pester him again and perhaps look him up via facebook.

Trust me, you will not be dissapointed.

I've seen the Aker in use and , quite frankly, it pales in comparison compared to the RomF/X.

Maybe some confusion here? Not sure, that is why I'm asking! :)

The Aker is just an amp. The iComm is what does the static burst.

Not sure if that's what ya meant :)

I like the fact that the iComm gets it's power from the Aker through the 1/8th cable, so no need for extra batteries and the the Aker has a line in so my TK comm radio iPod shuffle plugs right into the Aker. The iComm is simple and does the job with many different random static bursts. It also has a PTT cable that you can use as well if you don't wan to use the voice activation.

Edited by Trooper324

On 1/17/2012 at 8:22 PM, G5Captain said:

Thanks for the advise guys, looks like i will be trying the I comm. Anyone have a link to get in touch with them?

Here is what you seek...

Aker voice amplifiers

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I am a new TK and I now have the ROM FX, it's great but I cannot get it to Static Burst at all, any ideas?

I think it depends on which mode you have set it to. Don't have one myself, but someone should know.

• 2 weeks later...

They can be a pain to get working at first. I find you need to play with the setting for a while to get the static burst to kick in. I think adjusting the delay mode so that you can say a long sentance helps..

• 1 month later...

I have 2 Rom FX units and a Trooper Com Interface, which I wish I could find again! What I like about both? THEY ARE SELF CONTAINED, meaning I have them in my helmets with no wires, other than speakers in my hovies, and just turn a switch and ready to go. I have been changing alot of friends over lately who have speakers hanging off of them, and taking time to run wires and such. Just my 2 cents. They all work very well, I just like to use the KISS method. LOL