Armor Sellers

Alright, I have got everything I need for the Stormtrooper ANH Stunt costume excpet for the armor! I am 5'11" and about 150lbs. I REALLY want the armor kit to be trimmed! The three sellers I am looking at most are:

-ATA

-AM

-AP

Which one would be best for me? Would it be easy to assemble?

Thanks in advance for the help!

If I were you I'd chose between ATA and AP, AM is too big for your size. You have to trim for ATA and AP though, but why not trim? That's part of the fun really, and with the extra plastic that you trim off you can use it later for snapping purposes and maybe ABS paste, and other stuff. My two cents.

If you mean you don't want to trim anything at all, then you're gonna be out of luck as you'll have to cut it to fit you properly. No matter which maker you go with.

Honestly, it's not as hard as you think. Use the tips and build threads all over the forums, you'll achieve your goal.

Edited by TrooperVenger

Thank you for your help! When I say trim, I mean that I don't want to have an ABS sheet with the parts not cut out yet. I (think I) want the armor to be already cut out, if that makes sense. Also, what would the price be for a kit (with helemt) from ATA?

Edited by Boba_Skywalker3

On 1/11/2012 at 7:24 AM, Boba_Skywalker3 said:

Thank you for your help! When I say trim, I mean that I don't want to have an ABS sheet with the parts not cut out yet. I (think I) want the armor to be already cut out, if that makes sense. Also, what would the price be for a kit (with helemt) from ATA?

send ATA an email, his email's around here somewhere.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I don't think the kit comes with instructions but you can find several build threads in here or if you get stuck you can ask any question, lots of people here have built ATA kits and will surely know how to help you ;)

Like BananoJuan said.... Browse through the ANH build forum. There are a bunch of both ATA and AP builds. You'll get to see what thr kit looks like fresh from the brown box all the way to competesd. Also look at the EIB and centurion application forums for awesome looking ATA.

Also... To echo others.... Even if you buy pretrimmed armor you'll still need to cut and fit it to your body. I had to it for my pretrimmed kit and I wish I had the satisfaction of trimming it myself.

Take your time. Read as much as you can. The read some more. There's rarely a way to speed up the process of becoming a storm trooper. For some of us it took a year or more to go from "gimme!" to 501st acceptance.

Good luck!

-Eric

ATA & AP shoud fit fine. I'm 6'0" and 175lbs and can sport TE derived armor. :) As noted, there are several build threads that are stickied to assist

I believe most (or all) ATA pieces come with a trim line. It's not hard! Just read many tutorials here. We were all scared of trimming once but thanks to FISD and many of the thread build over here it's all now doable

And I'm sure any legion member around your area will be more than willing to help you out

Edited by BananoPower22

• 3 weeks later...