TK-9727 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [196][AM]

TK-9727 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status

Stormtrooper, A New Hope (Stunt)

Armor= AM - Mighty Tank

Helmet= MTK - Trooperbay

Blaster= Hyperfirm E-11 blaster and Doopy Doos Hasbro mod kit

Height = 5'11"

Weight = 200 lbs.

Boots = eBay (TKBoots ordered on 4-1-2012)

Canvas belt = TKittell

Hand Plates = Trooperbay latex ANH

Gloves = black rubber gloves

Electronics = Aker and ICOMM

Neck Seal = ladysewsforus

Holster = Darman

Ab Buttons = VaderDave

Helmet

Steve_TK9727_helmetfront.jpg

Steve_TK9727_helmetleft.jpg

Steve_TK9727_helmetinterior.jpg

Steve_TK9727_helmetback.jpg

Steve_TK9727_helmetinsidefront.jpg

Steve_TK9727_helmetinsidefront2.jpg

Steve_TK9727_helmetright.jpg

Neck Seal

Steve_TK9727_neckseal.jpg

Shoulder Straps

Steve_TK9727_shoulderelastic.jpg

Steve_TK9727_back.jpg

Shoulder Bells

Steve_TK9727_shoulderbells.jpg

Biceps

(see shoulder and biceps photo above)

Forearms

Steve_TK9727_forearmnoreturn.jpg

Steve_TK9727_topofforearm.jpg

Hand Plates

Steve_TK9727_latexhandplates.jpg

Gloves

(see photo above)

Chest

(see full body photos below)

Back

Steve_TK9727_back.jpg

Under Suit

(I'm using 2 piece compression gear from EastBay - no visible logos outside of armor)

Abdomen plate

Steve_TK9727_buttonplates.jpg

Steve_TK9727_leftrivets.jpg

Steve_TK9727_hansolorivet.jpg

Kidney Plate

(see above of left-hand side rivets and right-hand snap as well as butt-kidney photo below)

Butt Plate

Steve_TK9727_buttplate.jpg

Steve_TK9727_codstrap.jpg

Belt

Steve_TK9727_Belt.jpg

Steve_TK9727_ClosedDropBox.jpg

Thermal Detonator

Steve_TK9727_TDfront.jpg

Steve_TK9727_TDback.jpg

Steve_TK9727_TDback2.jpg

Thighs

Steve_TK9727_thighgarter.jpg

Lower legs

Steve_TK9727_shins.jpg

Steve_TK9727_BackofShinsWithCoverStrip.jpg

Steve_TK_Sniper_Plate.jpg

Boots

Steve_TK9727_boots.jpg

Holster

Steve_TK9727_Belt.jpg

BlasTech E-11

Steve_TK9727_Hyperfirmblaster.jpg

Hasbro Blaster mod kit

Steve_TK9727_hasbromod1.jpg

Steve_TK9727_hasbromod2.jpg

Steve_TK9727_hasbromod3.jpg

Electronics

Aker and ICOMM

Steve_TK9727_electronics.jpg

Interior Strapping

Steve_TK9727_insideback.jpg

Steve_TK9727_insidefront.jpg

Steve_TK9727_insideleft.jpg

Steve_TK9727_insideright.jpg

Full Body Photos

Steve_TK9727_FullKit.jpg

Steve_TK9727_FullKitLeft.jpg

Steve_TK9727_FullKitRight.jpg

Steve_TK9727_chill.jpg

Steve_TK9727_action01.jpg

Steve_TK9727_action02.jpg

Steve_TK9727_action03.jpg

Steve_TK9727_noHelmet.jpg

Steve... you've clearly put a TON of work into your armor. Looking good... I'm not an AM expert but I think you may have even assembled your shins properly. And brah... your suspenders dealie is super clever.

Mason will obviously chime in with what, if anything, he thinks should be corrected for EIB... but here is my list that may have nothing to do with getting EIB. None of these things should stop you from trooping your butt off and looking good doing so. So I'm sorry if it seems like I'm pooping in your easter basket....

On general fitting...

• Both thighs need to come up a bit. The right shin looks like it is hitting the ammo pack. Does your left shin/sniper knee get caught on the thigh when you walk? Maybe you could get the shins to ride lower on your boots as well.
  • I suggest strapping your chest plate to your ab plate so it doesn't ride up. I put to wide straps of elastic between the two.
  • Move your biceps up and twist them inward. Try to get the strap from the should bells goes around them.
  • If your biceps come up your forearms may also need to scoot up toward your elbow a bit.
  • Your back overlaps your kidney rather than just butting up against it (more of a centurion requirement really) If you attach your chest to your ab so that it pulls down some, I think your back will come up enough to not overlap.
  • Your forearms look a little big. I suggest trimming them to fit so they're more narrow and screen accurate.
  • The ends of your plastic belt stick out a bit. I have this same problem because like you I velcroed it the canvas belt. This is such a stupid thing that I invite you to ignore... but I suggest trying to extend the velcro to the very end of the belt. I ended up heat bending my belt to help with this.

A couple fiddly centurion things... having nothing to do with EIB.... tell me to pound sand if you're not headed that way.

• The cod should have a split rivet or brad not a snap. Preferably unpainted.
  • On your side rivets they should be spaced out more equally along the length of the side of the kidney and ab plate. The CRL for centurion "a total of three rivets equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge."
  • Are there a split rivets/brads on the thigh pack?
  • Are you aware of the impending new centurion requirement for modifying the AM chest plate? Just something to think about.

Good for you getting the TK boots... they always improve the look of any trooper.

Aloha and good luck my man.

-Eric

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

I was a bit concerned with removing the return edge on the backs of the thighs, if I removed any more material. I already removed about 1" from the front. Is that typical, to remove it and then add back a return edge with the modeling iron? If so, I can definitely get back to cutting, but I was told to try putting a bit of foam in the back of my thigh and that helped reduce and clacking between the sniper plate and thigh. I can definitely add the elastic to the back plate to keep it down. I trimmed down the biceps, so I just fit in them when I flex. I know they look big in a couple of the photos, and by all means I'm not saying I've got massive biceps, but where they are now, if I'm not wearing a shirt and I put them on, it looks like I just got in a fight with a cat. :) he he he

I knew there was some discussion about the AM chest needing to be removed/modded, but I just got stormtrooper status yesterday, so I wasn't able to read any of the discussions. I went into this whole thing by the available materials I could find and the CRLs. That's why I did not know that the bottom rivet should be covered by the belt until after I had evenly spaced out the three I have in there now. Doh!

It's been a total pleasure working on this kit! I've thoroughly enjoyed the process of digging through the site and finding as much as I can. At times, I was iPad in one hand and a metal ruler and exacto knife in the other. Gotta love the 36000 glue! I've stick, peeled, cut and stuck again to get this kit rugged! :)

Thanks again for taking the time to pass on the advice! I really appreciate it and the kind words!

One more pic. I forgot to post a full back photo. This one was taken before I assembled the rear of the shins correctly, so I cropped them out.

Steve_TK9727_back_nohelmet.gif

Edited by YouCantBe Sidious

Vonderful, (can you read that ?)

ha ha! Yes sir! Enjoying reading your posts Pat! We should put your show to some of my music:

http://www.youtube.com/rivetheadtx

My AM kit actually fits very well. It closes together on both sides without needing shims. It was perfect as is. I read about trimming the chest and back for centurion, but it fits me as is as well. If I were to remove anything from the chest or back, it would leave a gap.