Master replicas blasters

I was just wondering why there is never any mention of Master Replicas blasters? They are nice and although no counter, cylinders or wires are accurate. Are they just a bad word around here?

No charging handle or visible spring either.....anyway...

Edited by gazmosis

They are heavy, Not entirely accurate as the receiver has no holes. The paint is really smooth matt/satin so not accurate. They are a fairly nice display piece but for the money and a little effort you can build a much nicer Blaster. The case is nice but most of them were damaged/cracked when shipped at least mine was..... I sold it and now only like real sterling E11's but then I am a blaster snob! :lol:

I respect blaster snobs!! I have a great scatchbuilt E-11 but also own a MR. No case just the styrofoam. I was thinking about getting rid of it seeing what they've been fetching on yuckbay. But I just wanted to check to get peoples' opinions on them.

Ā 

I once owned a MR blaster, and I currently own a deac sterling. They are very close as far as the weight.

Ā 

I did modify my MR blaster before selling it, by installing some real sterling parts (below). Once I finished my Sterling conversion, I just didn't really care. :)

Ā 

web.jpg?ver=13210719360001

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

it's original State

Ā 

web.jpg?ver=13210719360004

Edited by TK 4702

Nice job!! How'd you get the rear cap off? Did you need to mahe any other mods for the real parts or did they just slide in?

Ā 

There's a small black plastic pin in the clip towards the back... You have to knock that out 1st... Then the little see saw like part comes out, revealing two small screws... One screw holds the clip there, while the other one holds the end cap on... I believe it's the one closest to the end cap. :)

Ā 

web.jpg?ver=13219957270001

Edited by TK 4702

Dressed I think they'd look really spot on. What Jesse has done really does make a difference.

Were kind of blessed in the UK as you can own a deactivation for the price of one of these on the Bay. Andy is offering a deactivation in the sales area now for I think ƂĀ£290 and on eBay UK current there is an MR at auction for ƂĀ£330.

It just doesn't make sense why people will pay that kind of price for one.

For myself I only noticed the weight on my de-ac for the first 5 minutes or so. It's pretty balanced and perhaps being former military (though it was 15 years ago) it felt natural to me. Mine is not a true de-ac as it was based off an airsoft though still looks good (also, I did not pay 400GBP - more like 400USD).

Ā 

I'd like to see side by sides of a good de-ac vs. an MR in terms of accuracy though - I mean I can read through the text but it would be nice to see pix. Oh, and mine does have a folding stock and working charging handle, though not quite 100% as functional as it could be.

• 6 months later...

I own both a deactivated Sterling SMG converted as E-11 and a complete MR Stormtrooper blaster. The MR version is cool and almost the same weight as the real deal.

Ā 

The MR blaster scope has that red computer targeting grid, which is very cool on its own. The cocking mechanism (handle) and the spring on the right side of the real SMG is completely missing on the MR, that part is just a bit dented as a shape to what it should have been there, but no real hole. I know there were 501st customizing it and cutting that out, but is a hell of a job to do it since MR is metal too.

Ā 

The MR blaster is cleaned up looking very pristine, also having all the specific numbers and codes removed (maybe because of the gun laws). Trigger on MR is not working, neither is the selector switch. The folding stock is one of the cool things MR could have done to make it work - I've seen people upgrading MR E-11 to have folding stock and seems it was not very difficult (I also had an extra MR folding stock next to some other loose parts and indeed could be made to unfold with a bit of work).

Ā 

Too bad it didn't come with a Hengstler and cylinders but seems MR intended to make one with all these greeblies but it was never released - a Rebelscum member owns that proto MR E-11 (if you are interested I might look for the picture).

Ā 

comparisonstormtrooperb.jpg

Ā 

On top there is the MR and on middle shelf there is the converted Sterling:

Ā 

stormieblasterdisplay1.jpg

Deacs are legal in the USA as well, just prohibitively expensive (a cut up kit starts at $500USD, and I saw a completed one asking over $1K recently...that is a complete set of armor...) so I just go with the Doopys...I did find JUST the stock from a Deac, that I was going to use on my next Doopys build, on eBlech recently, but I was sniped at the last second...

I always look for deactivated Sterlings when go to Gun Shows.

Ā 

I have been looking there as well. We have a really good Gun Show in Dulles, VA about five/six times a year, and I have seen the parts kits once or twice, asking $500 per kit, but Always missing a part or two, so you would have to buy two or more kits to build a complete blaster...

Oh classic Master Replicas. Have the potential to make something great, and then screw up the details in the last minute before production.

My own Sterling upgraded with cylinders, accurate t-tracks and real Eagle Hengstler (special thanks to Rob!! :)) - comparing it with the MR which stays on a shelf above I can see how bare and simple looking is the licensed replica alas...

Ā 

Ā 

sterlingstormtrooperbla.jpg

Ā 

sterlingstormtrooperbla.jpg