Who is currently supplying the best and most accurate ANH holsters?

Yes, Vern I know you sell holsters! :P

I'm looking for an ANH holster. I will never ever put a blaster in it. I don't give a toss whether it "fits this replica", "is a great match for a pipe build" etc.

All I'm interested in is a holster with accurate dimensions and materials to hang off my belt.

What are your recommendations?

Cheers.

thanks rich... and I've been watching all your builds with interest!

good luck in your search.

I think that this photo gives a clear indication of how a real sterling looks in one of my baby's...

------------

priceless!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I will never ever put a blaster in it. I don't give a toss whether it "fits this replica", "is a great match for a pipe build" etc.

I think that this photo gives a clear indication of how a real sterling looks in one of my baby's...

Vern, you're priceless! :D

Question - how firm/flappy should the holsters be? I have one of thick leather that is very rigid, but in the movies at times they seem to flap around more.

Thoughts?

I think the flapping comes from the fact that a heavy holster from thick and rigid leather is riveted on the belt with only two small straps. Not nearly enough to keep them from not flapping around. Also Han and Luke had straps around their thighs connected to the back of the holster to keep the holster from flapping.

if you look at the luke promo shot, it's thinner bump textured jacket leather.

but on troopers it's different!~

trooper holsters like paul mentions require a thicker 5-7oz strapping/ chap grade

leather for saddlebags and such.

the main reason why I use 2 different kinds of leather is because of the luke promo shot, and comparisons

to the thicker version on troopers.

I think that paul tm most likely can produce the best looking holster.

Yes, Vern I know you sell holsters! :P

I'm looking for an ANH holster. I will never ever put a blaster in it. I don't give a toss whether it "fits this replica", "is a great match for a pipe build" etc.

All I'm interested in is a holster with accurate dimensions and materials to hang off my belt.

What are your recommendations?

Cheers.

You need to track down Colin "heathrow trooper" Wright of the UKG mate.

His are very good.

• 1 month later...

It's very well made and the service was great, Vern. Pretty much a totally customised design done to my own specs. I slightly adjusted the cut myself to what I thought made it look even more like our reference picture but I haven't taken any pictures yet. I'm waiting on a clothears belt before I can finish my armour. Then I'll have a load of suited-up photos.

it looks like you took a sharper angle near the trigger? is that where you modded the cut even more?

looks really nice with that blaster sitting in it!!!

Yeah, I cut the angle nearest the trigger to run out pretty much all the way to the seam without another corner.

I changed A into B

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'm on my second holster from Vern now, and I'm really pleased with them. I made a similar mod as Rich on my previous holster. Haven't gotten around to making it on the new one yet though.

The thick leather version is really nice.

• Like 1