Nomex Flight Gloves Black Dye Bleed

Hey all... has anyone had any experience with stopping Nomex flight gloves from bleeding black all over your armor? I may try washing them but figured I'd ask if anyone has had any luck doing so.

I'll have to unglue my Karin handguards but it might be worth it so I don't have to wear my rubber gloves in the Hawaiian heat.

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

Hey all... has anyone had any experience with stopping Nomex flight gloves from bleeding black all over your armor? I may try washing them but figured I'd ask if anyone has had any luck doing so.

I'll have to unglue my Karin handguards but it might be worth it so I don't have to wear my rubber gloves in the Hawaiian heat.

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

I haven't worn my nomex, yet. Glad you mentioned this, though. I think I'll try washing mine a few times. I looked this up, and it's way

more complicated than I would have thought. http://www.pburch.net/dyeing/FAQ/settingdye.shtml And, this site says vinegar doesn't

help. I learned something new.

Thanks everyone.... I'll try washing them a few times... Maybe I got ebay'd :)

Please do avoid buying -------- from the bay of e.

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Actually these gloves aren't bad IMO. They're perfect for trooping and super comfortable. The only bad side is their bleeding. It happens to me after every troop. I actually get surprised when it doesn't happens :P Nomex Flight Gloves are a great alternative to those who live in hot places.. such as me. Puerto Rico's very hot and it's not a very good idea to troop with rubber gloves, they'll eventually slip off my hands because of all the weight that the sweat will cause lol

My old nomex gloves indeed used to bleed after long trooping sessions. Being in FL you tend to sweat a ton. Once they're wet, they tend to leave marks on anything you touch. Including your bucket.

Are they real nomex or fakes? I wore nomex in the Army with no bleed issues, and the only time I've ever had bleed on my black nomex was when they were completely soaked for hours.

higher quality black nomex gloves go for 2x (on sale) to 3x the cost of that eBay item, which is probably why at a $13 price point your getting lots of bleed.

The ones I had were these:-----------

I didn't really experience any bleed until C5, so about a year later. It wasn't so much that they were dripping dye or anything, I would just notice smudge marks on my bucket after holding it or putting it on. Could have been any other number of factors.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Are they real nomex or fakes? I wore nomex in the Army with no bleed issues, and the only time I've ever had bleed on my black nomex was when they were completely soaked for hours.

higher quality black nomex gloves go for 2x (on sale) to 3x the cost of that eBay item, which is probably why at a $13 price point your getting lots of bleed.

Agreed. I typically wear black Nomex gloves with my ESB rig (which I find far more trooping practical than my Centurion-grade short satin gloves), and I've never had a bleed issue. Then again, I got my Nomex gloves from a local military surplus store, and they cost me around $50. :o

• 1 month later...

I have Nomex gloves with my suit and have not solved the dye leak problem.

I have however succesfully used a pair of cotton under gloves that have done the trick, now my under gloves get the bleed and my hands dont!

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 months later...
On 11/4/2011 at 8:34 AM, Darth Aloha said:

Thanks everyone.... I'll try washing them a few times... Maybe I got ebay'd :)

Please do avoid buying --------- from the bay of e.

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

Hmm those pictures are exactly the ones I've seen for $39+ ... is there a tag or some kind of labelling on the gloves to indicate where they are made/from? Because I was thinking of shelling out for (visually according to those pictures) the exact same gloves but now I'm a little hesitant. I was looking at these. --------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 3/26/2012 at 4:00 PM, Darth Aloha said:

To set the record straight... it is the dye on the leather palms that gets all over my armor :(

It happens.

On 3/27/2012 at 9:16 PM, jnnfr72 said:

Were you able to remove the dye from your armor?

I have never had any problems. Even with my painted helmet.

On 3/28/2012 at 6:14 PM, bigironvault said:

Hmm those pictures are exactly the ones I've seen for $39+ ... is there a tag or some kind of labelling on the gloves to indicate where they are made/from? Because I was thinking of shelling out for (visually according to those pictures) the exact same gloves but now I'm a little hesitant. I was looking at these----------

Check out my resource thread, I have a link to some up there.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed