Undersuit fit?

Just got one of the extreme racing undersuits I've seen recommended, and I have a question about the proper fit of an undersuit. The arms are essentially like a long sleeve t-shirt, whether this is due to my puny arms or not I'm not sure. As such, it's a bit baggy there. Does this pose a problem?

Pics for good measure:

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Yeah that should fit tighter my man. Think of those NFL players with the Under Armor shirts on. While us mere mortals may not look like those guys, it should fit us snugly regardless. I'm not sure what those racing suits are made of, but it looks like you could go down at least one size. I got these and the matching pants about a month ago when they had a buy one get one free special-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'll try shrinking this thing, no sense wasting money if I don't have to.

But I'll keep these suggestions in mind if that doesn't work.

Edit: Actually I'll just see if I can't exchange it for a size smaller, see if that won't work.

Edited by lmr

I'm not a big fan of those under suits. I too bought one because everyone on here raved about them. Little did I know how hot that COTTON under suit is when you're wearing armor. I'd really only recommend wearing it in cooler climates or during winter. I no longer wear mine, nor will I ever. I just use it for a helmet bag. For now, I stick to my dive skin or underarmor.

Edited by bobojuice

I ordered my regular size, should have ordered one smaller. Sad part was it fit my slight paunch and my legs fine, it just fit my arms like a long sleeved t-shirt. No clue why people have raved about it.

I'll be getting a dive skin now. And probably find some sort of use for this thing since exchanging it would out me copious amounts of cash.

Hmm. Well before you completely panic and rush out and buy another. Try it on with your armour. It might not look that bad. It may look rather loose in the pictures, but remember you're going to have most of your limbs and body covered in plastic.

Sorry Ricky, too late. I ordered a dive skin yesterday. It was just too baggy at the elbows, it would have shown through.

Here's what I bought now-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I got mine locally @ divers direct. I also ordered some compression gear off Eastbay. It was on sale for 40 bucks for a whole set. Same stuff as UA just not name brand.

Edited by bobojuice

Here's a sizing chart over on divers direct's website. It's for the one i bought. Take it as you may.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 10/27/2011 at 2:56 AM, Turtle84 said:

My only question about the lycra diving suit is how would I go about figuring out sizing. I can't seem to locate a sizing chart on the website. Any suggestions?

If you're buying that Henderson from house of scuba you can find-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Here is the eastbay link for the pants. They are still doing the 2 for $30 deal (that's 2 items, i.e. a shirt and a pant). These are great and I ordered my regular size and they fit good.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

All right, Am currently wearing the new dive skin, and let me tell you, getting this thing on was tricky. And now I feel like the world's worst fetish model. I dunno how they manage to get into that latex. :lol:

Anyway, where was my mind apart from the gutter?

Ah yes. New fit is like a glove, and I'm totally pleased with it. I highly recommend the lycra dive skin.

All right, Am currently wearing the new dive skin, and let me tell you, getting this thing on was tricky. And now I feel like the world's worst fetish model. I dunno how they manage to get into that latex. :lol:

Anyway, where was my mind apart from the gutter?

Ah yes. New fit is like a glove, and I'm totally pleased with it. I highly recommend the lycra dive skin.

LOL worlds different from the racing suit huh brother? I'm waiting on one in the mail as well. I like the idea of a once piece suit. Glad you're happy with it. Cheers.

Ugh.... Just saw this thread and guess what? Received my extreme racing suit in the mail today.. absolutely agree with what everyone is saying... fits okay, but the arms are loose like a long sleeved tshirt. The double zipper is a decent idea but what good is it when the arms are no good... will be returning it tomorrow.. thx all. will try one of the recommendations above.