ROTJ "Stunt" & "Hero": Proposals for a split CRL/EIB/Centurion prog. for ROTJ stormtroopers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top notch job Rich all the way around!!! You have done a outstanding job on the battle wear (not too much but just enough). :duim:

I give it 5 Death Stars :deathstar2: :deathstar2: :deathstar2: :deathstar2: :deathstar2: and one dead ewok.

deadewok.jpg

I don't believe you have to put the weathering detail on every armor part - that can be a top level comment.

if you had to sum the difference between stunt/hero (so people didn't have to read the full text), it would be helpful to have some text that would read: An ROTJ Hero is an ROTJ Stunt with these differences, just like we can summarize the deltas between ANH Stunt & Hero that way.

Thanks, Stefan.

It was excellent timing on Mathias's part. He asked me for some photos just as I was finishing some running repairs and modifications on the armour ready for the last day of carnaval.

I also discovered that I can take a pee whilst wearing my armour so I could drink all the beer I wanted .... :laugh1:

SDC18169.jpg

SDC18156.jpg

Thanks for posting these. I'm very excited this is finally getting under way. I spoke to Mason on the phone the other day about it. I have been harassing him for a while. BTW, Mason thinks we should steer away from the Stunt/Hero naming and go with a Endor/Death Star instead to avoid confusing with the ANH costumes.

Looking at this endor version is making me reconsider doing the death star one for my RotJ suit.

Great Work Rich!

The armour looks great.

Apparently I have to get clearance before any of my pics can be used for this. I am building a set in the next couple of weeks for another new member here. So I should get some pics soon that you may be able to use.....

:duim:

Thanks for posting these. I'm very excited this is finally getting under way. I spoke to Mason on the phone the other day about it. I have been harassing him for a while. BTW, Mason thinks we should steer away from the Stunt/Hero naming and go with a Endor/Death Star instead to avoid confusing with the ANH costumes.

Looking at this endor version is making me reconsider doing the death star one for my RotJ suit.

yes, i have been pondering split Endor and Death Star version since i took over as DO and started working on refining the current standards with my current XO.. i have put a lot of study time into ROTJ ;) and a lot of thought into this..

Great Work Rich!

The armour looks great.

Apparently I have to get clearance before any of my pics can be used for this. I am building a set in the next couple of weeks for another new member here. So I should get some pics soon that you may be able to use.....

:duim:

thats the rules ;) all CRL models need to be legion members, this applies to all 501st costumes

BTW, Mason thinks we should steer away from the Stunt/Hero naming and go with a Endor/Death Star instead to avoid confusing with the ANH costumes.

Endor/Death Star makes just as much sense to me as hero/stunt. The important thing is to recognise that there are two distinct versions.

You found a way to take a wee in armor? If it can be explained in ways not too risky and detailed, do tell. :D

Nice looking pics. Has that thigh ammo belt center rivet always been there, though? Why not paint it white and cover it a bit with wetahering? Or ist it a detail from a screen matched trooper you incorporated into your build?

You found a way to take a wee in armor? If it can be explained in ways not too risky and detailed, do tell. :D

My undersuit has a two-way zip which goes all the way down to my crotch. I unfastened the cod-to-butt connection, pushed the cod to the side and .... well ... I had just about enough room for the rest.

I always thought it would be possible but this was the first time I had drank so much beer that I had to test my theory.

Mmmmm! Beer!

432101_3165446048386_1032447409_3129158_565152756_n.jpg

420316_3165453688577_1032447409_3129170_2058683543_n.jpg

396364_357471550950659_112231178808032_1043398_1639116481_n.jpg

Has that thigh ammo belt center rivet always been there, though? Why not paint it white and cover it a bit with wetahering? Or ist it a detail from a screen matched trooper you incorporated into your build?

Admittedly that was a bit of artistic license. I've seen it on tour suits but not in ROTJ.