Ebay armour-UK.

TKLee

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/stormtrooper_supplies/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Guys,

Noticed this seller on Ebay UK,going by the name of Stormtrooper-Supplies.He has sold some damn cheap suits recently,and im looking to get into a TK project soon.

Whats the score here-good armor for the price?I know the helmet is crap.

Lee

You get what you pay for really is true, and plastic isn't always just plastic. If you pay little you usually end up with something cheap and crappy that breaks easily or looks terrible. And unless that floats your boat you'll probably be spending more time and money upgrading the cheap stuff with replacements than you'd have spent getting quality stuff from the start.

Just use the search engine and u will find many ( if not hundreds) threads that say Stay away from ebay. If i am nit mistaken there is a specific thread that covers the Stay away from E-bay subject.

Use the search engine and read that " if yourr new read this first threads" they will save u money and frustration.

• 3 weeks later...

I do indeed.

I have to say that some of the best props that have ever come to this community were originally bought In eBay.

I've just bought the original 20th Century Darth Vader helmet and that was on eBay. So I now have a Vader helmet to offer from castfromoriginal. :)

Like Joe says just do your research and you can find some wonderful things on eBay.

Th SL Vader helmet was bought on eBay and that's one of the finest example of Vader that came directly from the Rick Baker mould.

You guys do make a strong case that there are some good stuff on Ebay. I thing however that's a little besides the point. If you don't know what you're after, it's pretty much impossible to make a lucky find anywhere, unless you are struck by dumb luck.

It's like a professional scrap collector that walks into a junkyard and sees a 1000 quid XYZ (and buys it for 10) that had been sitting there for 10 years because no one else knew what it was.

If you know what you're doing then some good stuff can be found on ebay. But there's no guarantee.

Edited by Locitus

Go take a look at the post by funkster in new member intros entitled "Hi from a newbie who bought the wrong armour". He got his from the very same guy on the companies website.

Doesn't look like the same guy, but I could be wrong.

Mine was from stormtrooper-shop / jedi-robe

• 2 months later...

One of my squadmates was looking at this armor and wanted to know what I had thought of it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-wars-Stormtrooper-armour-fx-kit-halloween-prop-new-/170764867311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c26116ef

Right away I could tell the helmet looked awful. And I see the seller is listed in Thailand.

One of my squadmates was looking at this armor and wanted to know what I had thought of it:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c26116ef

Right away I could tell the helmet looked awful. And I see the seller is listed in Thailand.

Rubbish armor. Get him to sign up here instead. :)