Darth Aloha's RT-MOD ANH Stunt Build[*RT]

• 4 months later...

For those of you pondering RT-MOD armor... check out the new sniper knee photo from Rob that is much easier to attach (see somewhere in this thread how difficult it was for me to glue straight.) He also says that its resized a bit to be more accurate.

NewKnee.jpg

Also this list was from March but here are a few things Rob's done to RT-MOD to make prospective EIBers happy:

• Standardize green lenses ( found a great material, not too thin/thick, nice shade of green)
  • Green ANH Hero bubble lenses – specifically for my slightly larger bucket.
  • Interior mod kit as per my earlier posting. Just finalizing the set-up.
  • Helmet options for ANH: Stunt/Hero, ESB, ROTJ (paint and decals)
  • Canvas, leather(real) belt option.
  • Option for EIB ready out of the box.
  • Return edges on armor components where required or requested.

Also... he's got a sandtrooper RT version ready... which I plan to purchase this winter (Vader will have to wait another year or so).

Aloha,

-Eric

Eric, have you asked Rob recently about the Green ANH Hero lenses? In my conversations in the last weeks, he mentioned about his green bubble lenses not working out right and tha tI should try and source them on my own. Has this changed? I've been waiting on John Danter to get his V2 lenses but he is MIA and my suit date is coming up fast.

I"m looking forward to the interior kit, but he isn't sure when he will have it ready. My kit should be done somewhere at the end of September, so I"m hoping that he will have these ready by then, but most likely I will have to wait on it.

chest/shoulder/back out or modifing it seems like a step backwards, and I've just seen the drama a local has gone though

I emailed Rob and he responded with pricing quickly and answered all my Newby questions patiently.

Yeah...talk about answering noob questions...Rob is the man. I was pretty nervous about this whole venture until I bounced some questions off of him. Great guy, I should be placing my order with him tonight!!

• 1 month later...

Wow. I have 8 days to get my kit ready for Centurion before I end up voting myself out of the possibility.

My punch list:

• Two more coats of paint on my blaster (I'm so bored with that build)
  • Redo thigh pack attachment
  • Try using an ATA belt instead of super long RT belt
  • Fix dropbox placement
  • Finally attach my Gazmosis holster and rid myself of the pleather number I have now
  • Find a way to Mathias so insanely drunk from afar that his 3 day hangover impairs his judgement

Wish me luck and stuff.

-Eric

Come on man, what's the hold up? :blink:

You have the knowledge, you can do it!! :jc_doublethumbup:

Good luck tricking Mathias! :laugh1:

I think a cool mix of lazyness and that slave Leia mother Darth Life has stood in my way of Centurion thus far :)

Look over there Mathias... something shiny!

-Eric

The new proposals don't seem that hard to overcome, why would the new requirements make it not possible for you to get centurion in your RT-Mod?

The new proposals don't seem that hard to overcome, why would the new requirements make it not possible for you to get centurion in your RT-Mod?

Two words: Cover strips

I'd have to take my armor completely apart and redo everything since RT-MOD is overlappy.

My next RT kit I'm getting untrimmed to do cover strips.

-Eric

Two words: Cover strips

I'd have to take my armor completely apart and redo everything since RT-MOD is overlappy.

My next RT kit I'm getting untrimmed to do cover strips.

-Eric

Damn...you're making me nervous about having Rob pre trim to my sizes for my lazy self...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Damn...you're making me nervous about having Rob pre trim to my sizes for my lazy self...

No no no... don't worry about that. I want to do cover strips for my next suit and I'm right now I'm more cheap than lazy.... untrimmed is less dough. Let Rob trim your kit. You won't regret it.

Aloha,

-Eric

• Like 1

Well I already paid him to anyway. Lol To be honest when I ordered from Rob I had barely scratched the surface of the how to sections but after a month now I am pretty sure I could handle some simple modifications. Like I PMed you last night, I started buying tools and supplies after studying your build thread here and there the last couple weeks and the crafting part was pretty fun! :D

How do you loose a knee pack? :P

Yes....how? Since you like to teach, teach us how NOT to do that. *Heavy on the sarcasm because I am up early for work on a Sunday and feel like poking fun at you because you are chilling in Hawaii.* lol :P

Yes....how? Since you like to teach, teach us how NOT to do that. *Heavy on the sarcasm because I am up early for work on a Sunday and feel like poking fun at you because you are chilling in Hawaii.* lol :P

Chilling is right. It is in the low 60's and pouring (it's like that every day where I live) which is pretty cold when you don't have any heat... or insulation.

It's a fair and funny question. How do you lose a thigh pack and not the whole thigh?

I blame Mathias. I took it off to reposition it properly to satisfy our DO. Or rather to make my thigh pack look better. I put the split rivets too high above the ridge. It's a common thing with the RT thigh pack. It's a total slave Leia to get it in the right place.

Before I reattach it, I moved houses. Now the box is missing that contains it and a bunch of other costume related stuffs.

-Eric

Chilling is right. It is in the low 60's and pouring (it's like that every day where I live) which is pretty cold when you don't have any heat... or insulation.

It's a fair and funny question. How do you lose a thigh pack and not the whole thigh?

I blame Mathias. I took it off to reposition it properly to satisfy our DO. Or rather to make my thigh pack look better. I put the split rivets too high above the ridge. It's a common thing with the RT thigh pack. It's a total slave Leia to get it in the right place.

Before I reattach it, I moved houses. Now the box is missing that contains it and a bunch of other costume related stuffs.

-Eric

Ah, that sucks. Sorry to hear.

As they say back in NY where I grew up.... FY,YF'nF!

DSC_4622.jpg

All is well now in my universe. Gloves, aker, icomm, drop boxes, vader chestbox, and a ton of other costume related things were in the lost box.

I am now a much more pleasant person to be around.

-Eric

All is well now in my universe. Gloves, aker, icomm, drop boxes, vader chestbox, and a ton of other costume related things were in the lost box.

-Eric

HURRAY and F-Yah!!! Centurion time for Eric!

DSC_4622.jpg

-Eric

NICE!

The Spirit of Centurion

As a staff member of FISD I tend to separate my personal feelings from what I know to be for the good of the detachment. Often enough with the minutia that goes on behind the scenes in the staff and admin forums I don't express myself fully because it is counterproductive and contrary to our mission. For me the mission is greater than Eric and his rantings and ravings.

Selfishly, I didn't agree with many of the changes to the Centurion standard I voted for. That doesn't mean they aren't the right things to do. Mathias' proposals bring Centurion to a whole new level.... albeit a level that 98% of the Centurions are already achieve while building their amor. Overall I would rather FISD focus on base 501st requirements, I feel very strongly that the CRL changes are beneficial and vital to the Star Wars costuming community.

With all those disclaimers said... My TK is now inelegible for Centurion.

I was lazy this year and did not submit for Centurion blaming my blaster build and other factors. I dragged my feet not making it a priority. As soon as the notion of being inelegible because of my overlap constructions and ab buttons became real, I rushed to get under the deadline before the voting ended. I scrambled with getting my knee ammo pack moved and my belt in order. Luckily this week I could not find my knee pack or other costume parts. I think even once I found the rest of my costume I found myself stalling because I knew that getting in under the wire before the standards changed was not aligned with the spirit of Centurion.

Lately I have been spending hours at work gossiping and talking story (as they say here in HI) with our DO over Skype IM. I am lucky to consider him an internet friend because he was the one who patiently talked sense into me.

To be perfectly honest, I was angry at myself for not applying sooner. I had ego wrapped up in being the first Pacific Outpost Centurion. I somehow felt entitled to the title. The truth be told is that my kit looks good but it doesn't look as good as it could be. My armor certainly doesn't look at outstanding as two other TKs in the outpost. Those two dudes have worked really hard to get their kits in order and if anyone deserves to be the first Pac501 Centurion it is one of them.

If I had applied it would have been contrary my belief behind the basic tenants behind the Centurion program. Looking as good as you possibly can and setting an example for the rest of the TK community. If I had rushed and applied before voting ended I would have been cheating for the sake of a title.

Mathias was right when he said "... why not wait with applying until you have your second kit built properly. That way you don't have to feel like you'pre cheating and you can really show off something nice instead." (it's annoying that he has a better way with words than most english speaking folks) Our Swede is wise behind his years.

Being Centurion wouldn't make me a better trooper or suddenly be of better services to my community. It doesn't make me a more dedicated FISD staff member. It doesn't mean anything other than I worked hard and set an example for others to follow. If I had applied and been approved under the wire it would have even less meaning given my intentions behind the application.

Apply for Centurion because you're proud of your TK as the best of the best. Not for any other reason.

Aloha e me ka ha`aha`a,

-Eric

• Like 2