What is the best way to put lenses in your bucket?

I am at the point when it is time to put the lenses inside of the helmet, and want to know how different people do it so that I don't mess it up. I would like the lenses to be only semi-permanent, in case they scratch or break I don't want to have to do major surgery to replace them.

Ok, go...

I used hot glue and just glued them in without gluing the top of the lenses in place. They sit back a little from the faceplate (but you can't tell) and it gives a little ventilation to help with fogging.

I use hot glue. I just make sure to keep it at a lower heat so it doesn't melt the eyes. Alternatively you can use silicone. It takes a little longer to set, but once it does you're good to go.

many people also make them one piece, wrapped around to the sides and screwed in with the ear screws. Also makes for easy replacement like you were asking for.

+1

David

As others have said, the most screen accurate way is to use a strip of acetate / lighting gell

and fix it to the machine screws that hold the ears on the inside of the helmet B)

Ā 

aQWjftU.jpg

Ā 

6prOrRn.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I personally would stay well away from hot glue, itā€™s unpredictable and messy,

and Iā€™ve yet to see a clean lens install with anyone using this stuff <_<

Ā 

Hereā€™s couple of alternative methods that Iā€™ve used over the years

Ā 

I used a foam neoprene surround and just stuck it in with heavy duty double sided tape :)

Ā 

pawsza0.jpg

Ā 

QHw3Juz.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

And hereā€™s my latest way .

I use one of my little inventions called ā€˜Lid-Lashesā€™ (Patent Pending :D ) which gives you

a clean, mean & green look with no mess and no fuss. B)

Ā 

015GLue.jpg

Ā 

CxiRpsk.jpg

Ā 

qEg1mTH.jpg

Ā 

qgYuike.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

2rN4dML.jpg

Ā