MTK -ANH Stormtrooper Armor

TM already did his like that too. And yes you did mention that a couple of pages back. I will change it soon :) I am very grateful for all feedback. To be completely accurate will take some (alot) time. But I am very happy to make changes as I go along here. If you see something that needs attention let me know. There's alot that I want to change, but I want to make sure that I research the changes and it isnt my highest priority right now so when I get to it I will post pics of the modifications.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

After discussing things with Mathias. I am revisiting this thread. Here are the pics of my molds. There is also a pic of the original CAP molds that I used for my armor base. These pics were taken in March of 2012. Some molds have been even more modified since. The butt has been reshaped as many parts have due to the CAP molds being badly warped.

This thread should be moved to the Foundry.

Ā 

Armor source: CAP armor TE recast

Modifications:

Reshaped and added detail to cap n back

Tried to leave faceplate untouched but did have to resculpt a few details back in

Deepened and reshaped Shoulder bells

Reconfigured Chest

Straightened Back

Added ANH details Ab Plate

Deepened Thighs

Straightened Shins

Deepened Biceps

added depth to right forearm

Curved Shoulder straps

Made new Belt

Added new Drop boxes and Inner Drop Boxes

Ā 

Over all resculpted many details back into molds that were lost from multiple recasts (other people)

Ā 

rgtZw7D.jpg

Ā 

HXtQKoB.jpg

Ā 

nugLeNv.jpg

Ā 

HN8fonw.jpg

Ā 

fQWAQRZ.jpg

nHcwgh9.jpg

fTtDMOg.jpg

gVDywVn.jpg

TLmeVwu.jpg

dFc2e8Q.jpg

aBsWPni.jpg

9E4Pegd.jpg

x36DSbJ.jpg

Ā 

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the images by Sly11, 2021

Here is what it looks like assembled in the TD configuration as well as the TK.

Ā 

I have re sculpted the chest slightly since making the TK version. I am still not happy with it, but I am getting close.

pwQyIKN.jpg

Ā 

qQiHEGY.png

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Sly11

Mike: While I was on staff during the last kurfuffle I probably wasn't paying as much attention to it as I could have. I personally care less about lineage as much as I do about transparency, accountability, and permission. The reason a recast like ATA is on our vetted list is because not only do we know where it comes from, but he was open about the permission he gained to do so. If you can provide me and/or the staff (via PM or email if you prefer) with that proof of permission from CAP and whoever else your armor comes from (TE2?), after some discussion I may be willing to consider putting you armor on the vetted seller's list.

Ā 

Mathias: I'll this from here thanks.

Ā 

Ā 

Aloha,

Ā 

-Eroc

Eric,

Ā 

Regarding TE2's permission: Here is an excerpt from Pauls post while we were discussing the lineage of my helmet. "I have a text message from TE2 saying he's OK with Mike proceeding."

Ā 

I am still searching for the email that I have from him. My computer crashed a while back and I had to buy a new one. I may have the email on disc somewhere and I will keep looking. If I cannot find it, then I will ask for his permission again.

Ā 

Regarding CAP's permission: Well here is the fun part isnt it?? CAP recasted the TE armor. He openly stated over and over that he didn't care if anyone recasted him. ( I am still looking for the threads). Terrel used this license as the bases of his permission and since it was OK for him, then it should be OK for me or anyone else. Also - CAP said HE had permission from TE to recast, which is arguable....but he did state that many times..

Ā 

Lastly, it should be noted that there are already at least 2 Centurion MTK troopers right here on FISD and another 2 Deployed and one pending SWAT on MEPD.

Edited by TK-4510

What about the parts that CAP did not have permission to use, like knee plates and so forth? Those are what is keeping CAP-W from not selling other than helmets here, and what makes ATA able to sell here. Terrell had to sculpt his own parts for those.

Ā 

I'm weak at best at the specific details of this deal, but that's the jest of it anyway, and needs to be sorted out.

Hmm. Good Question. I dont know the origins of the knee that I have. Assuming its a CAP knee then would it be a troopermaster knee? Here is a pic of my knee.

Ā 

The TD plate, Caps, Shoulder Straps, Belts, Drop Boxes, Ab plates are all new by me.

8f27vFe.jpg

Ā 

Pics of the TD and my knee mold:

Ā 

As a side note: I had to redo the small squares and make the mold level or straight on the knee many times to get a good pull so the mold has been redone several times...

Ā 

tWZFnTs.jpg

Ā 

Here are the other armor parts.

ij1wrlC.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Sly11

Hmm. Good Question. I dont know the origins of the knee that I have. Assuming its a CAP knee then would it be a troopermaster knee? Here is a pic of my knee.

Ā 

The TD plate, Caps, Shoulder Straps, Belts, Drop Boxes, Ab plates are all new by me.

Ā 

Here are the other armor parts.

Ā 

That would correspond to what I've read earlier of CAP's origins. So in that case I'd say you need TM's approval for the knee and any other piece that might be his or sculpt your own.

Makes sense. I have modified it quite a bit, but if we can get TM to chime in here and verify if the knee is his or if my modifications are good enough to be called "new sculpt", that would be good. I am not opposed to resculpting if I need to.

Ā 

Update: I have sent a message to TM and asked him to look at the molds.

Edited by TK-4510

Regarding CAP's permission: Well here is the fun part isnt it?? CAP recasted the TE armor. He openly stated over and over that he didn't care if anyone recasted him. ( I am still looking for the threads). Terrel used this license as the bases of his permission and since it was OK for him, then it should be OK for me or anyone else.

Ā 

That's only half the story, it's all right here on the FISD.Ā  Also the CAPv2 stunt is a TE2 recast which has also been discussed at length before.

Terrell is correct. There are two helmet sets that CAP recasted. The first which is TE derived is "open source". TE burned too many bridges and no one defends him or the work he's done, esp. as he recast himself multiple times and (continues) to lie about that. So, recast CAPv1 and life is good for all involved.

CAPv2 as Terrell says is TE2 derived. As long as Tony asserts his ownership of these molds, we have to honor this. Terrell replaced the offending parts from the mold set that he acquired to get "clean". Scootch has not, which is why he can sell helmets here but not suits, as he - like Terrell did years past - has to get "clean" on the sniper plate and control pad for the detonator.

This thread should only exist to ascertain 2 things:

1. From what suits are these molds derived.
2. Once #1 is done, ensure there are no objections to the parts being used.

I just received this PM from Paul.

"Hi Mike,

Ā 

The knee plate does look very similar to my old version. Hard to say for sure since it is a photo of a mould and not a formed piece but I am not bothered if it is or not. You are more than welcome to use it if it is.

Ā 

Cheers,

Ā 

-Paul."

Ā 

Ā 

Regarding the helmet. It had alot of bumps and lumps on the front originally. I have cleaned all that up to make the front smooth. I SUSPECT that its a TE2 recast but having never seen a CAP v1 I cannot say for sure. As noted in the helmet thread originally, Tony has given his blessing if the helmet is V2/ TE2 as far as I can tell.

Edited by TK-4510

Guys,Ā  To clear things up.Ā  Yeah, the V2 was cast from a TE2. The sniper knee and TK button strips from TM. The Thermal detonator was a Crashmann.Ā  I am looking at your photos Mike and though it is difficult to see by the residue from casting, there are a couple blemishes in the CAP armor I don't see in your photo's.Ā Ā 

Ā Would you guys be interested in sending a third party here with Mike's CAP suit he recast so you can check it against the original CAP bucks? If so LMK when is a good time. My door is open. And while you're here you can place eyes on the CAP V3 helmet, New replacement kneeplate, greeblies, belt, bandolier, and Thermal detonator line.

This is my offer. It will help clear up any questions or concerns regarding the MTK