Doopydoos all resin E-11 build

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My stars aligned today aswell. Some Doopy parts took 11 days from England to Australia! Andy's cylinders only took 9 days though, so probably comes down to the amount of time it takes them to get to the post office.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered my kit yesterday.  Going to use this guide as a reference and start my own build thread.

One question before I start (and I apologize if it's been answered elsewhere, I haven't had the time to look yet).  for the coils, is there any "preferred" part?  I'm leaning towards getting some solid, shielded copper grounding wire from the hardware store  and winding that up for form.

Brian

Which coils are you referring to, Brian?  There is one coiled spring inside the barrel, but I wouldn't suggest copper for that.  If you mean the small, 1/2 inch coils that go from the Hengstler counter to the power cylinders, you can use a small section of the power cord from an electric shaver.  If this is what you meant, and don't happen to have any just lying around, (most people don't), just PM me and I will send you a set at no charge to help you out, (and take care of the postage). 

Which coils are you referring to, Brian?  There is one coiled spring inside the barrel, but I wouldn't suggest copper for that.  If you mean the small, 1/2 inch coils that go from the Hengstler counter to the power cylinders, you can use a small section of the power cord from an electric shaver.  If this is what you meant, and don't happen to have any just lying around, (most people don't), just PM me and I will send you a set at no charge to help you out, (and take care of the postage). 

Exactly Joseph, the wires to the power cylinder coils.  I work with metal (I make chainmaille armor, clothing, jewelry, etc) in my "spare time" so I figure putting that together shouldn't be too difficult.  I agree copper wouldn't work for the barrel spring, way too soft and won't spring back.

• 1 month later...