Childrens stormtrooper suit

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

We went to the Memorabilia show in Birmingham the other week and my son wore his suit. What can I say, EVERYONE loved it :D

Ā 

Luke had his photo taken with all the UKGarrison, plus members of the public was stopping us to have a picture taken with my son. It was a fantastic day and we all enjoyed ourselves. Unfortuantely due to my crappy photography skills, the best pics came out blurry as i had the camera on the wrong setting, but I have a couple of nice ones and I'm waiting for some to be sent to me and will post them ASAP.

Ā 

Here's a couple for now.

gvaFMPG.jpg

hHOr5Xr.jpg

Ā 

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

None of those :) Only a couple of UKG members have TM armour and there are not many of my suits out there.

Wow, I would have thought you'd be there official Quartermaster :unsure: I know if I lived there i'd have at least two of your suits B)

"I will call him...Mini Me!" Makes me want to have a son right now! From someone who considered making my own from scratch....I can only wish to have this kind of talent! Just Awesome!

I cannot believe no one has said anything about the fact that Paul's son is named LUKE!

Ā 

Not one "power convertor" joke?!?!?!? :blink:

Ā 

Yeah, and I happen to know that there's a Toshi Station at the end of Paul's road, too... weird, eh? :lol:

Ā 

Paul, amazing piece of work and he looks great surrounded by all the fullsize troopers. I'm sure that he felt like a celebrity if people were going up to him asking for photographs with him etc. etc.

Ā 

Have you any other kids to pass it onto after he grows out of it? (Han, Lando, Anakin?) :P

Ā 

Cheers,

John

• 10 months later...

Well, it's been nearly a year since I posted anything in this thread, and I'm pleased to say that I have almost finished a completely new suit for my son. He turned 5 a couple of weeks ago and has grown quite a bit since I made him his last suit, so I've gone a made a larger, more accurate version. I don't have any full body pics as of yet because I had to remake some of the parts again that didn't quite fit properly, but I do have this of the helmet which is now finished. Once I have everything completely finished, I'll probably start a new thread. Here is a sneak peak at the new V3 mini helmet :D

0BJ1tbx.jpg

Ā 

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

Thanks for the kind words :D

Ā 

I see this small helmet is more symetrical, than original asymetrical bucket.

Ā 

Far from it actually. One eye is smaller and the other has the 'stye'. The vocoder is 'off set' and the teeth/frown is lop sided. These are very minor asymetrical differences, but there all the same. I have tried very hard to get this helmet close to the shape of the original ANH helmets, but you have to remember that a child is not physically just a small person, their body shapes are not in proportion to adults so some artistic creativity has to be applied here. Once I have the whole suit completed, maybe you will notice the asymetricity.