Childrens stormtrooper suit

Yes Billy. Your laundry bill will definitely go up when you see this in the flesh. When I put the taped together parts on Luke yesterday I was really shocked at how good it looked on him. All the curves and nuances of the original armour are on this mini kit and anyone who is familiar with the original will spot ll these details that are not on any other adult replica.

Just pulled some mini hovi's in resin this morning that I sculpted. The E6000 caps just won't do for this suit so I made some smaller scaled versions.

I have smaller Newey snaps ready to fit as well and all Newey hardware for the strapping. Original strapping and canvas belt on this one too :D

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been working hard all day getting this assembled for a test fitting. I have got the full ANH strapping in there and it has been really hard work bending the smaller brackets. I will have to buy some thinner gauge wire and some smaller screws rather than the ones I use for adult suits. I need to have the bicep hooks for the next fitting to keep the arms from sliding down and need a belt to keep the waist together. Helmet still needs padding but overall I don't think I have done bad today.

wK71tTZ.jpg

nse1IP5.jpg

fkel7rX.jpg

pg7H75I.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

Paul i have just had to show these pic's to Rocco and Leo and Karen and we are all blown away with Luke's new ANH suit , What a Dad :salute: and i love Luke's big grin under the helmet :D the parts fit him spot on and with the brackets and screws and Newey's this is the ultimate Screen accurate TM Junior B)

Cant wait to see this bad boy in the flesh mate :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone :duim:

I hope to have more to show soon. Some of the leg parts are in need of a lot of work at the moment and it takes a very long time to get them the way I want them to look. Countless hours are spent on the smallest details as I constantly check the sculpts against original pieces, scaling them down as I go.

Looking forward to getting the full test suit finished and then onto the final version once any necessary changes have been made :)

• 1 month later...

Just got the legs pulled tonight (finally!) and already got them rough trimmed and test fitted. I will get them fully trimmed and finished tomorrow so I can test fit properly with the rest of the suit on and see what needs adjusting/changing before I pull the next suit on Wednesday in 1.5mm gloss ABS.

I managed to pull test helmet #2 after making some changes to moulds that needed doing after I built the first helmet. I fiddled with a few areas on the face, back, cap and ears, so everything should fit together much better and also look much better too.

I tweaked a few minor spots on the arms and shoulder bells too but didn't bother pulling those tonight. I know they will be perfect for the gloss ABS suit. Only things left to sculpt are the canister parts now and finish off the shoulder straps which I will do tomorrow. Still need to scratch build a blaster and get it finished for Friday. Oooh the pressure :P

zGFfeP9.jpg

Edited by Sly11

It's virtually identicle to a full sized suit only scaled down. I have only used hi res photos of an original ANH suit as reference when sculpting these moulds and tried to capture all the minor details.

I just finished assembling the helmet and it looks better than the first one. I also assembled the legs too but will leave closing the backs until I can test fit them this evening. Strapping with hooks to be fitted in the calves.

The belt looks so cool. It's made of layered canvas with all hardware just like the original. Drop box elastic has the cut out so it doesn't foul the snap. Pics up soon :)

Just finished a 13 hour shift working on finishing the moulds after I made some last minute changes and finally pulled the entire kit this evening. These photos were taken at 8.00pm tonight and I got straight on with the trimming and some assembly. This has to be a full wearable suit by tomorrow night :shok:

W2kWD6d.jpg

Edited by Sly11

Thanks Mark.

It's going to be another long day tomorrow. Not only do I have to get the armour and helmet finished, I have to scratch build a blaster and sew a neck seal too. I can see this being another one of those builds where the paint is drying on the way to the troop :D